Trying for days transfer my number from Koodo

danielerocha
danielerocha Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 18 in My Mobile
Hello,

I'm having a really bad experience transfer my number from pre-paid Koodo to Fizz.

It all started last Wednesday June 12th, when I received the Fizz SIM card, I tried to transfer the number using Koodo account number, I was waiting hours for the transfer phone message. I just received at 3 AM, I was sleeping and was not able to answer in the 90 minutes time window.

Next day I tried with IMEI, again received the message late night, that time I was able to answer, but the IMEI associate with the number was from an old phone, and it didn't work.

I tried again on Friday June 14th with account number, I didn't receive the transfer phone message since then.

So on Saturday I contact Koodo customer support, they said that I need to ask Fizz to send a new request, so I contact Fizz customer support, the agent was very confused, first he said that the transfer was already done, and I should wait up to 2 hours, then when I was almost leaving the chat, he said that the transfer was not yet done, and he did a new request, and I should wait up to 2 hours.

Next day I tried to put the SIM card, and I can use internet, send MMS, and call other numbers, they see the call with my number, but I'm not able to receive calls, only with my old Koodo SIM, and in my account the status show as "activation pending", and there is no new notifications since the issue with IMEI.

So I'm very confused now, no one answer on the support chat and I need the phone working ASAP.

Please Fizz support help me on that, otherwise I'll cancel the plan without even starting using it. :/

Answers

• KathyKL
    KathyKL Posts: 3 ✭✭
    keep trying.maybe early morning 9am. Fizz is worth it. save you so much.
  • BeakBird
    BeakBird Posts: 3,362 ✭✭

Make sure you don't take your Koodo sim out of your phone until you get the confirmation SMS from them.

If you didn't receive a confirmation SMS from Koodo then the request probably didn't work.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,114 admin

Hello danielerocha 

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Following my verification, your phone is not yet fully transferred, hence why some of the services are not working. 

More details regarding port in issues can be found here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

Please contact us directly and we will gladly assist you further, since this matter might have to be escalated to our technical team.

Thanks for your kind understanding!

Have a good rest,

-Ingrid, Community Moderator 

This discussion has been closed.