Cannot Receive Landline Calls

PharaohArt
PharaohArt Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Phones
I just switched to fizz, and I have a number for Ontario region only, but I face a deal breaking issue.
Any and all landlines, be it residential, business or even medical landlines can't reach me. If they dial my number, they get an automated voice telling them to start the number with number 1as it's a long-distance number, but when they do the automated voice says that the number is not long distance and immediately ends the call. I've only tested this with Ontario landlines from 3 different cities in Ontario, while being in the coverage map area for Fizz.
In addition, my phone in settings still shows my number as "unknown number" but I am able to receive mobile phone calls, I can make calls and send/receive texts. In addition I am still on Fizz EXT almost 3 weeks in.
Ive been in chat with support for almost 3 weeks now with no end in sight for my issue.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,072 ✭✭

Hi @PharaohArt

Probably the porting is not completed yet, your previous SIM is still active?

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,337 admin

Hello @PharaohArt ,
    We are sorry to hear about the situation encountered with your services from Fizz.

After making the necessary verifications into our tools, we noticed that your plan is active, therefore it should work without any issues.

There is no contact regarding the calling situation in the history, therefore in order for you to receive proper assistance, please try to reach again our customer services agents and they will be able to help you properly.

For that, you can access this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support and ask for an agent.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Have a great day.
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.