The challenge of being with Fizz and purchasing a phone

Options
Fizz_Luis
Fizz_Luis Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited June 16 in Phones

1. September 2023 I look for Iphone 13 Pro 256Gb preloved Availability in the website so I thought it would be ok. After contacting a dozen of times Fizz I was told that they just had issues with it and the availability in the website is incorrect so got it in December.
  2. Website breaks, refreshing several times, it doesn't matter the device nor connection. Even if it were working it would break and then no availability in the last step.
  3. I purchased and in the last step the address was incorrect (I had changed long ago). I changed it AGAIN prior to order but then in the delivery email the incorrect one was shown.
  4. Right away I contact support and was told there is nothing that can be done. After contacting support for days, they told me that that all was sorted out.
  5. The phone went to the INCORRECT address and just dropped at the door.
  6. I set it up the phone and the battery health is at 87%, I have other 2 iPhones that are at 88% after using them for years. After A LOT of back and forth I was offered a discount in case I need to change the battery that of course won't cover the replacement.
  7. 2 weeks ago, before warranty finishes, the camera started having an issue after an update. I read an article by Apple acknowledging the issue. Fizz site doesn’t seem to mention if the issue is covered so I contacted support and they are vague stating that if they don't find the issue or they consider is not covered, I need to pay 75$ to retrieve my phone. Since I don't want to pay this I want to make sure is covered but they refuse to check the videos I wanted to send as they are "not trained to do so". I contacted Apple and they helped me and found that the issue was present and "should be" covered but since it’s preloved phone is the carrier in charge. They gave me suggestions about putting some letter explaining the issue and links to the videos, things that Fizz couldn't really come up with.
  8. Fizz support suggested me the 3 things I could take: a) Return to them (but they couldn't help me understand if it was covered), b) Going to technician on my side (of course paid by me), c) What they told me it might be the best solution, purchase a completely new phone and if after I return this one the technician considered to be covered, they might think on reimbursing me a part (what the heck... lol).
  9. I was told the importance of sending the things properly via Canada Post with tracking number so I could tell when it was received. It was sent a Wednesday and I had confirmation from Canada Post that the device was received by technician Friday noon. Friday night I contacted Fizz and they assured me that they never received the device panicking the whole weekend. Monday evening still Fizz told me it was never received.
  10. I see in my Fizz space that there is a new phone added, similar characteristics than mine but showing like it was me who purchased it with the price and even my credit card showing a line although with 0$ about a phone purchase. Support told me to ignore it.
  11. Mins after saying they never received, I see a change on Fizz that test was completed and they will replace it. I was told that from the moment of dropping at Canada Post to complete the process and receive it would take 4 to 7 days if no delays in Canada Post.
  12. Since I see plenty of preloved devices like mine at Fizz and days are passing, I end up contacting support on Wednesday and turns out they tell me there is no availability and nothing can be done, just wait. A ticket was created for this stating that they are looking for a phone.
  13. Thursday I was asked via email for my address (wtf…) and that they have a regular iPhone 13 if I want to…. which I of course reject, one of the main points for me was having the Pro version. I told them that the site has availability of 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max and even the Pro versions of 14 (one can dream… I mean the 14 pro is more similar to the 13 Pro than the regular iPhone 13 version for sure).
  14. I was ignored for the next couple of days even after my suggestions.
  15. Friday night I contact them first via Messenger and was told everything seems to be on track but they couldn't give me any news on when I would receive it, as they cannot find an appropriate model just yet. Right after I contact them via Fizz site, and there was told something different. I was asked Canada Post tracking number and they first told me they never received the phone I was like how they fuck you tell me this when I have confirmation that the phone verification was completed and even a email conversation telling me about which phone I'm receiving. After that the conversation was unclear and they ended up opening another ticket because apparently there were technical issues.
  16. As of now, they just told me to wait and only thing I can do is… wait. They will send me one only ONCE they have a device similar characteristics than mine even though in the website there are plenty availability. No news of any kind of resolution or when might happen after more than 2 weeks.

Answers

• BeakBird
    BeakBird Posts: 1,381 ✭✭
    Options

Seems like quite an ordeal.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,170 admin
    Options

Hello @Fizz_Luis

Thank you for your detailed message. I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Our dedicated team has expedited the process and just reached out to you with a proposition.

Please review our proposal and respond at your earliest convenience so we can speed up the return process as much as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
    Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.