Welcome to the official Beta Tester page for Fizz TV.

Whizz
Whizz Posts: 21,448 admin
edited July 15 in TV

Hey Fizzers!⚡️

This page is where you will find all the information and help about the TV service.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions!

Happy viewing! 📺

Comments

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 11,545 ✭✭

I will bookmark this page 😀

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭

I will follow this

• AlexJS
    AlexJS Posts: 992 ✭✭

Following to see any info 😁

• D0um
    D0um Posts: 33 ✭✭
    YES! Can't wait!
  • Max_7Y1G2
    Max_7Y1G2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Can't wait to see the TV service! :)

• Ari M.
    Ari M. Posts: 128 ✭✭

YES TV! for not too expensive!

• Mario_FQDZA
    Mario_FQDZA Posts: 3,605 ✭✭

Will I be able to use my referral credits to pay for my Beta TV Plan?

• Mario_FQDZA

@Whizz Please give us a link to a list of available channels and the pricing. Don't make us wait until June 12.

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 708 ✭✭

To see all available channels, download and installl Fizz TV, connect as GUEST and you'll see all available channels (you won't be able to see price).

• Whizz

@M T. #12340 Thank you for you answer!

This is the right way to look at the available channels until June 12. More info to come!😉

Christine, moderator.

• Whizz
    edited June 5

Hello everyone! ⚡️

Rest assured, if you're seeing this group, it's because you've been chosen to be part of the Fizz TV beta testers. An email titled ''The instructions for the TV BETA test'' was sent to you this morning.

In summary, you'll enjoy a discounted price for your plan (starting from $2/month!) during the testing period, and your feedback will help us enhance the overall service experience.

By June 12th, for any inquiries, please refer to the dedicated section of our FAQs regarding the TV service: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/fizz-tv-service

Starting from June 12th:

You'll be able to add your TV plan.
    You'll be able to subscribe to the TV service directly in your account on this date (your Fizz account > My plans > Add a TV plan). As you select your channels, the price of your plan will automatically adjust at the bottom of the screen.

Use the dedicated support channel.
    From June 12th, engage with our team, ask questions, and share your impressions in the special section of our forum dedicated to the BETA TV test. If you encounter any issues, you can also use the chat channel in the Fizz TV app (Settings > Help > Customer Service Team) and reach the Customer Service team every day between 8 am and 10 pm.

Feel free to share your suggestions, comments, and/or questions with us. 💬

The Fizz Team

• Alejandro M. #408
    Alejandro M. #408 Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hello Fizz, I did not receive the email. Can you check if it is because I have a slower internet? Please confirm the reason, I have been since the beginning with Fizz, so I have not had the need to change the original speed of my home internet. If this is the reason, then I will have to make the decision to upgrade. Thank you in advance for the help.

• Whizz

@Alejandro M. #408 HI Alejandro M. !

Because the content of the channels in your TV plan will be delivered to your home via your Fizz Internet connection, we recommend a 30 Mbps plan minimum for an optimal experience. You have been added to the list, don't worry.

Christine, moderator

• AlexJS
    AlexJS Posts: 992 ✭✭

Very excited for the 12th. Regarding the list of channels, if there is any way to find out the 23 general interest channels, I would love to know it. For me it would be in the Montreal region, and I have looked in the app as a guest, but not sure which would are included by default.

• M T. #12340

For those who have not receive invitation email, login to your account to verify if you see this

I did not receive invitation email and I saw that option in my account today ( June 11th ).

The Build Plan button did not work yet. I clicked on it and it did nothing. Probably it will be enable tomorrow June 12th 2024.

• Whizz

Hey Fizzers! ⚡️

The time has come (2 days in advance🤗) for you to test our TV Beta service. You should now see "add a TV plan" in your online account. So, if you're interested, you can test, subscribe, and choose your channels right away. Go to your Fizz account > My plans > Add a TV plan. As you select your channels, the price of your plan will adjust automatically at the bottom of the screen.

If you encounter any issues, come back to us here; we can help each other or contact us via messaging in the Fizz TV app.

*For now, messaging in the app is only available for Android users.
    We will keep you informed about the iOS version. These are the ups and downs of a BETA, thank you for your understanding.

If you are unable to contact us via messaging in the app, contact us through our usual channels.

Happy viewing! 📺 🤩

• M T. #12340

I just tried and it did not work.

When I clicked on <Build my plan> button, nothing happen as I already mentioned previously

• Whizz

Hello M T. #12340.

Thank you for your feedback. We will take a look at the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.
    Thank you! 😊

Christine, Community Moderator

• M T. #12340

It's working now.

I had to clear my browser cache.

I'm able to subscribed and login to my app and tested and it's working.

I'm able to watch my first channel.

I will continue my tests and will give more feed back.

• M T. #12340
    edited June 10

I just tested all my selected channels ( 22 ) + 5 optionals for 10$ .

It works well.

Good expericence for now.

• TonyRama
    TonyRama Posts: 33 ✭✭

Thank you for letting us start beta testing earlier. Is this the right place to log bugs?

• D0um
    D0um Posts: 33 ✭✭

Thank you :) Subscription was flawless. Quality is good however the text looks a bit pixellated. Using Nvidia Shield and played with the AI enhancement a bit (even deactivated it) but still a little pixelated.

• TonyRama

Bug report:

I cannot cast to an external screen: TV with Chromecast built-in, Nest Hub mini. The app says it is connected, but the remote screen keeps spinning… The actual media is not playing.

• Whizz
    edited June 10

Hello TonyRama,

Thank you for your report.
    Did you make sure both the mobile device and your compatible smart TV are on the same Wi-Fi network? Casting process is here if needed: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-does-fizz-tv-app-work-and-what-are-its-functions
    Also, what is your Chromecast version?
    Let us know and we will open an incident for this matter. If you can share a screenshot, it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Mario_FQDZA

Hello Whizz,

I just ordered a TV plan and my Bank card was charged although I have referral credits available that are used monthly to pay for the Home Internet service.

Can you confirm that referral credits can be used to pay for the TV service?

• Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,786 ✭✭
    edited June 10

When I activated mine, my it is a different plan, therefore, I don't think that you can use your referral.

• Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,786 ✭✭
    edited June 10

We are in beta probably this is the reason. Don't worry, the Whizz will answer your question also if I answer it

• Whizz

Hello Mario,
    As the billing for the TV and internet services are combined, you'll be able to enjoy referral credits when both services are combined on the same receipt. If you add the TV service while your internet service payment cycle is already in progress, you can still add a TV plan, but you'll receive an individual receipt for this period with a prorated amount to bridge the gap until your next payment cycle.

So, you can benefit from a referral credit on the receipt that combines both internet and TV services only.

Refer to point 3 of this FAQ: How do I subscribe to Fizz TV BETA? | Fizz

Hope it answers your question. :)

-Fizz team

• onthebusagain138
    onthebusagain138 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Fizz member here from Rockland Ontario. Previously had Videotron. I do not see any option to add TV plan on my account. Is this possibly because I am in Ontario?

• Whizz

Hello onthebusagain138,

A select area of the Rockland region is included in the TV Beta program.

Your issue has been escalated. You should have access to subscription as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Wishing you a pleasant day!

Fizz Team💚

• Ciaci
    Ciaci Posts: 9 ✭✭

I received the email about taking part in the beta testing but when I go to add a TV plan, it just hangs.

I select my address when it asks: "Select the address that will be associated with your TV service."

But nothing happens.

Any tips on how to add a plan?

• Whizz

Hello! Sorry about this inconvenience, we have escalated your issue to our technical team, you will receive an update once it is fixed. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

• TonyRama
    • Casting is working fine on Google Chromecast (2020);
    • Tested working on Nest Hub Mini, although keeps buffering shortly every 20-30 seconds (watching on-demand show on from noovo).
    • The last one is a TV built-in Chromecast that is too old to be supported I guess, so you can discard that one.

Thanks!

• Ciaci
    Ciaci Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thanks for escalating the issue. Is there any update?

• Whizz

Bonjour @Ciaci pour consulter les mises à jour de votre billet, rendez vous dans votre compte< Aperçu < votre Billet #xxxx s'affichera < Voir les détails.

Pour l'instant il est toujours en cours d'analyse.

Merci pour votre patience.

L'équipe Fizz⚡️

• Alejandro M. #408

How do I change what channels I am subscribed for?
    I already pick the basic plus another 4 (I believe) totaling a pack of 5. But now I want to cancel one ("CASA" specifically) and test something different. I tried doing it on the web, clicking on "manage subscription", but once I click, the page only shows me options for history & payment, no "change channels". Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

• ConradP
    ConradP Posts: 3 ✭✭

I too would like to know how you change my channel choices.

Thanks

• Whizz

Hello @Alejandro M. #408 and @ConradP

To change your package and/or channels, you need to unsubscribe from your package and re-subscribe with your new choices. Please note that when you unsubscribe from your TV service, it is immediately deactivated. You will receive a prorated refund based on the days remaining in your payment cycle. You will be billed again when you place your new subscription order for the new TV package.

For more details on unsubscribing, please consult the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unsubscribe-fizz-tv?_gl=1%2A15uw9de%2A_gcl_au%2AMTAzMDI2NDQyLjE3MTU1NDEzMzQ.%2A_ga%2AMjAzMDg2NTg4OC4xNzE1NTQxMzM0%2A_ga_J34MDEW0ZM%2AMTcxOTQzNzc0My44NS4xLjE3MTk0Mzc5MTkuNDYuMC44MTc3NjI3NDk.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a nice day!

• Olivia, Community Moderator

• ConradP
    ConradP Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have 2 questions.

1. How do I get ctv Ottawa? I see it in the guide,but it is not an option to select.
    2. I the selection category i see premium 1,2 and 3. What are these as I don't see any channels related to them?

Thanks

• Voyage2005
    Voyage2005 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I subscribed the 5 channel plan. But it is not working after I install the fizz tv in the fire stick. Pls help!

1. In fizz "myplan" page when I clicked the "see" link below the "5-channel plan" it shows a "zone-tv.fizz.ca refused to connect." screen as attachment.

2. In fizz tv program I linked my account. But all my suscribed 5 channels are not working. See attached pic.
  • Alejandro M. #408
    edited July 14

Is it possible to schedule a recording of "Y" show? as an example, I am looking at channel "X" and I see there is I show "Y" I am interested in that will air in the next 2 hours. Can I schedule "Y" to be recorded so I can watch it at a later time on "MyTV" section inside the app ?

• Whizz

Hi @Alejandro M. #408!

Unfortunately, recording is currently not possible due to BETA limitations.

You can view the terms and conditions here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/fizz-tv-beta-test-period-terms-and-conditions

Thank you for you understanding 😊

The Fizz Team

• Alejandro M. #408

Hi, and thank you for the answer. Do you know once the BETA period is over, will Fizz have this feature (be able to record and watch later a show)?

• Whizz

Hi Alejandro,

We currently don't have that information.

If it becomes available, it will be featured on our FAQ along with instructions on how to use it.

Thank you for your understanding!

The Fizz Team

• propea
    propea Posts: 197 ✭✭

Can't wait to try it!!!!

• Alex_13
    Alex_13 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Hi @Whizz , do you know if there's a plan to add CTV Montreal or CTV Ottawa for Gatineau residents? It's weird that I can have CTV2 channel nut not CTV. Thank you
  • propea
    propea Posts: 197 ✭✭

Is it available yet?

• Raks
    Raks Posts: 7
    Hi @Whizz
    Any plans on having international channels ? (Spanish, Italian, Chinese, etc)
    Thanks !