LOBO Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 3 in Data Gifting
How can a friend give me data?

Best Answers

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,490 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can just share your referral code with him... If you want to ask for data from other users of the forum you can just make a new post sharing your code

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,070 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

You need to share your referral code or your phone number

But you need a plan with a data on it

Answers

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Options
    You need to have a data plan and your friend needs to have data to spare. Provide your friend your friend code. It should be pretty straight forward from there.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,515 admin
    Options

Hello @LOBO,
    In order for you to receive data you will need to have a mobile plan that had included mobile data in it.
    The person who wants to send you data can use your referral code to do so and they must have a mobile data plan.
    More information can be found here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work
    While verifying your account I noticed your plan does not include mobile data in it therefore you are unable to send or receive data gifting.
    If you want to have data in the plan you can make a plan change and include at least 1Gb of data in your plan.
    To change the plan you must go into your Fizz account under My plans>Manage my plan>Change my plan.
    Here is an FAQ about it https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan
    Once the change will take effect on your next payment cycle, you will be able to send/receive mobile data.
    I advise you post your referral code in our Data Gifting category there are plenty of people there who could help you with same extra data if you need.
    I hope I could help you with that.
    Have a wonderful end of the week.
    -Mihai, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.