Phone call quality

Options
othatbooty
othatbooty Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 2 in My Mobile
Has anyone noticed that the phone call quality is somewhat muffled? I don’t know if that’s because I’m still on Fizz EXT LTE? I just activated 3 days ago

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,064 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @othatbooty

Is your phone certified by Fizz for the VoLTE? https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices

What phone are you using?

Can you try the Fizz SIM in a different phone?

• othatbooty
    othatbooty Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    Definitely VoLTE certified. I haven’t tried it on another phone but I’ll try that today! Thank you 🙏🏽
  • zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

I've not noticed this problem, the only times calls sound strange is when I call very specific people and I suspect that's because of their phone. I've been on EXT occasionally but didn't notice muffled sound or a decrease in quality when calling at that time.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,490 ✭✭
    Options

Yesterday I was reading about how the calls among the big three are on a different kind of network so they result in a higher quality regardless of VoLTE… Since Fizz is on Videotron network, basically can reach that kind of quality only with other users on the same network, thus Videotron… Let's see if I can find this information

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,490 ✭✭
    Options

Not sure about the reliability of this information, since I found it on Reddit… just citing someone else:

"The Big 3 all have AMR-WB deployed between each other.

Videotron on the other hand only has AMR-NB deployed between them and the big 3 (from the info I had about 1-2 years ago).

Therefore, calls between the Big 3 and Videotron are always lower quality. Only calls between Videotron/Fizz would use AMR-WB."

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,511 admin
    Options

Hello @othatbooty ,

Sorry to hear about the issue!

I verified your account and the plan is in good standing.

If the calls are still muffled, be sure to test the Sim card in another compatible phone with Fizz as our other users stated and check if the issue persists.

If the issue does persist, reach our contact page https://fizz.ca/en/support for further investigations.

Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator.

This discussion has been closed.