Mobile plan price more expensive for existing user vs new plan?

Options
nataliemiller
nataliemiller Posts: 2
edited April 29 in My Mobile
Hi everybody,

Hoping to get some help figuring out how to change my plan price. I currently have a 20 GB Canada + USA plan with unlimited texts, minutes, and voicemail for $33/month. I can see on the Fizz website that this plan's price has been reduced to $29/month, but I can't get that price to apply to my plan in my account. When I go to change my plan, it does not indicate a price change, and only drops to $32/month if I reduce my plan to 6 GB (whereas the website says the 6 GB plan should be $26/month). Screenshots included.

I found out about these price reductions as my friend with Fizz has the same plan as me, and was able to get the 20 GB for $29/month price just the other day. Any advice on how I can get this price applied to my plan as well? Thanks!

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,861 ✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

hi

Fizz doesn’t modify your plan automatically is your responsibility to check the new price

Therefore connect to your plan, click to modify the plan if a price with the same option is available at lower price the system will ask to apply the modification

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,474 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately you have to check because prices go down sometime but you can change your plan anytime

• popfizz
    popfizz Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

Follow the steps in https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan to change your plan. You may need put your browser into Incognito/private-browsing mode to be able to go through all of the steps outlined in the support article.

When I first signed up for Fizz 40GB of Canada-wide data, unlimited texts and calls was $32/month. A couple weeks later it dropped to $28/month so I followed the steps in the support article to change my plan and save a couple of bucks but I had to put my browser into Incognito mode for it to work.

When I first tried with my browser in regular mode, for some reason I was not able to change my plan but when I put my browser in incognito mode I was able to change plan.

• popfizz
    popfizz Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

After looking into it a little bit more, I may have figured out the difference. Do you happen to live in Quebec while your friend lives outside of Quebec? In Quebec, 20GB Canada + USA plan with unlimited calls, text and voicemail is $33/month. Outside of Quebec, it's currently $29/month.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,393 admin
    Options

Hello @nataliemiller

Following my verification, since you are in Ontario, you should benefit of the $29/month plan, however there seems to be an error, so please contact us directly by following this link so we can assist you further https://fizz.ca/en/support

Changing your plan can be easily done from your Fizz account → My plans → Manage my plan → Change my plan. Keep in mine that any change has to be done at least 5 days before the end of cycle date, due to our freezing period. More details regarding plan changes can be found here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a good rest,

-Ingrid, Community Moderator

• Sylynce
    Sylynce Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options
    As stated, try to change your plan, and if that doesn't work, teach out to Fizz directly.

Glad to hear you have some savings coming up!
This discussion has been closed.