4year internet plan MORE expensive than the current plan?? NO REFUND????

Options
PantehousFibonacci
PantehousFibonacci Posts: 2
edited April 24 in Internet
My current internet plan is 49$/month for 100MBPS (I signed up 4 years ago)

However, plan rates on the website are 44$/200MPBS & 49$/400MBPS as of today

I reached out to customer service and I was told that Fizz is not obliged to tell customers when plan prices go down. They also REFUSED REFUNDING me for the price different for all those months I was paying for the same price for 4x less download speed....

Has anyone experienced this before? I need your help/know your story so we can push my complaints with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) & CCTS as this is completely unfair.

Fizz seems more than happy to tell us 30-60 days in advance to price INCREASE & oblige you to pay. Shouldn't the same happen for a decrease?? ESPECIALLY for loyal customers??????

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,764 ✭✭
    edited April 24
    Options

Hi @PantehousFibonacci

I don't know the law, but I believe that they are right, they not increase or decrease your price, you can always read the service agreement.

With Fizz you need to check constantly for new price, Fizz are changing constantly

Sorry

Since you are more than 4 year with Fizz check your rewards, probably you have $ rewards can be applied to your plan in order to lower it further.

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 609 ✭✭
    Options

That's how it works. Fizz don't have to refund you.

If the price went up higher than your current price, Fizz will not raise your price plan and will not force you to pay the difference.

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,567 ✭✭
    Options

As long as you can change your plan anytime it's like you are choosing to pay more. Nobody can stop you.

• andriy_mtl
    andriy_mtl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I agree with previous posts. That's how it works. It is our responsibility to monitor price changes and adjust the current plan if we wish to do so. Perhaps, I only wish that Fizz would have an alert by email that they update plans. That would be a nice reminder to review the current plan.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,354 admin
    edited April 24
    Options

Hello @PantehousFibonacci ,

Sorry to hear about the issue and for the inconvenience caused.

This is how Fizz operates though , as we do inform clients of price increases for their current plan with quite a few days in advance, but not for price reductions, since it`s up to the client to verify the Fizz website for any other changes as other users have also mentioned.

In the meantime, I also observed that you unsubscribed for which we are sorry to see, but I do hope that you will give our services another chance in the near future and be sure that you return the modem by following the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-return-my-wi-fi-modem

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

• Sylynce
    Sylynce Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options
    Yup- sucks, but complacency has its price. You rates didn't move up during that 4 years, when prices might have been higher (you might have received a promotional rate 4 years ago, for example).

So you were protected in the high end, but hedged on the low end.

Lesson learned for all of us reading this- be proactive and an advocate for your services.
This discussion has been closed.