Why is my device stuck at "Fizz EXT" in Vancouver?

Options
NGGMU
NGGMU Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 27 in My Mobile
I'm in Vancouver, and no matter which device I use (I tried 2 Androids and 1 iPhone) and all of them say "Fizz EXT" on ROGERS towers. Should I be concerned? The two Android phones pass the Freedom Mobile (which Fizz should use) IMEI compatibility test, as did the iPhone.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,705 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @NGGMU

Probably because they didn't terminate the propagation of the configuration in the towers

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,166 ✭✭
    Options

Hello NGGMU,

The best is to contact Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,441 ✭✭
    Options

I think it's normal but probably it's better to wait for someone else in Vancouver to share their own experience

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 607 ✭✭
    Options

Yes you should be concerned because it says Rogers ( instead of Freedom )

That could mean you stay in an area where Fizz ( or Freedom ) towers are not reachable.

• crimsona
    crimsona Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

Did you just sign up? In Vancouver as well signed up during the beta, took a month or 2 for Fizz EXT to become Fizz, and nobody in the beta regions has received a warning email yet, so it's not something I would be worried about.

• totertots
    totertots Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey there! I am also in Metro Van and my phone always says Fizz wherever Freedom is also available (I have an esim too with Freedom). Whenever I go to the north shore mountains, basements, weird spots at Metrotown, it just shifts to Fizz-EXT. More often than not, I will also latch to Fizz-EXT even if in the middle of Robson Square downtown. It is just random but I have noticed more often than not if no freedom = no fizz.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,321 admin
    Options

Hello NGGMU,
    Normally, the transition from Fizz EXT to Fizz is made in 72 hours after the activation of the plan as stated here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-details-and-conditions-beta-test-period
    As I can see in your account that this period passed, I kindly suggest you to try again to restart your phone and see if this will fix this matter.
    If not, you can try to disable the automatic option when searching for a network in order to connect manually.
    The phone connects automatically to the  best available option therefore this is why it can be Fizz EXT, if the area is covered by the partners networks.
    You can try: Settings → Cellular → Network Selection for your iPhone and for Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz.
    In case of need, our customer service agents are available at any hour and you can contact them using this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support 
    Have a wonderful day.
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.