Switched plan but the speed went down

Options
BeardedViking
BeardedViking Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 1 in Internet

I just switched plan for the 400mb speed. At the date my plan was switch to the new speed, i had about 400mb in the morning then it went down to 50-70mb and stayed there for the last2-3 days. Any idea why the speed stay so low now ?

I have restarted my modem 2-3 times since and nothing changed.

Answers

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,897 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @BeardedViking

Ask to customer service to open a ticket with technical support for activate your new speed

https://fizz.ca/en/support

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

What plan did you have before and what speed were you reaching?

• Gramart
    Gramart Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

Let us know if Fizz support manage to fix you problem!

• BeardedViking
    BeardedViking Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

Since you already tried restarting your modem, I suggest you to contact customer support

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭
    Options
    I guess it's not all the time this speed and it depends also on your position on the map.
  • mhenri027
    mhenri027 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

if you have older équipements, they could slow down your internet speed. You can try to turn them all off and then turn them one by one until you see a différence. Otherwise, lots of things can affect the internet speed like the distance between the router and the equipement, interferences etc… you can also try to install your modem somewhere else to see the difference

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,218 admin
    Options

Hello @BeardedViking ,
    Thank you for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that the internet speed has not been very good lately. I noticed that you contacted our customer service representatives in private, which is the best thing you can do in such cases.
    The customer service agents have access to the signals of your modem and will notice if there is anything out of the norm, and help you out.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderation.

This discussion has been closed.