Still Fizz EXT after 72 hours

Options
DwayneM
DwayneM Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 5 in My Mobile
It has been more than 72 hours since I activated my SIM card. What should I do? I don't want want to lose the phone number that I have had for many years when Fizz cancels my account because I did not spend most of the time connected to the Fizz network.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,880 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @DwayneM

This is the guide

Check the coverage area

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment periods.

Use our coverage map to check that you are using your phone in a zone covered by the Fizz network.

Visit our network coverage map

If you are in the coverage area, contact the support to validate with them, if you are not in a coverage area, you can have a problem, but you need to clarify with the support too.

In order to chat with the support, stay on the guide (that I posted), click on the green bubble in the bottom right of the page and see with them.

• fluffyllama
    fluffyllama Posts: 2
    Options
    Having the same issue here in southern Ontario. Been using Fizz for close to two weeks now and not once has EXT dropped from the Fizz name on my phone. I have rebooted my phone multiple times with nothing working.

Referring to the publicly available cell tower location map I’m almost always within 500 meters of a Quebecor cell tower and still on Fizz EXT.

Very upsetting that Fizz is blaming us customers for clearly an issue that is their problem to fix and threatening to cut off service in three months for a problem that we can’t resolve ourselves.

Not a great welcome from Fizz!
  • elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,880 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

you stay in a beta testing zone, probably the rule don't apply to you, since the service is in beta and it can have some problem.

You can contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/solutions, stay on the guide and click at the bottom right of the page to chat with an agent.

Or probably a @Whizz can tell us more.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,406 admin
    Options

Hello @DwayneM ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

For the moment it`s normal to have Fizz Ext on your device`s phone network screen ( normally it should have reverted to Fizz but due to certain factors it will remain Fizz Ext for a while ).

As the user @elena code xzi4t stated , you are in a beta testing zone so the normal roaming coverate rule does not apply to you or to @fluffyllama .

On the last note, nobody is blaming anyone here, rest assured as this is as stated , a beta testing period so no harm will happen to your numbers.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

-Raul, Community Moderator.

This discussion has been closed.