Sending SMS with Samsung Galaxy S24

Options
Oli_
Oli_ Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 22 in My Mobile

Hello,

does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S24 and is able to send SMS or am I the only one?

I got a ticket opened for 2 weeks now and they cannot fix my issue about not being able to send sms. (SMS does work out of the box with Rogers and Virgin SIM).

Thank

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,760 ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

Hi @Oli_

You should check the configuration on the SMSC

You can try this to set the SMSC of Videotron (+15144240053) instead of Fizz (+14385200092)?

I also found some user that solved using this configuration

Make sure your phone is correctly configured for the Short Message Service Center (SMSC).

The number configured in your phone must be: 1-438-520-0092.

The process can vary from one phone model to another. Here are two examples:

Verification on Android: Applications → Touch the Messaging icon → Context Menu (the three points at the top of the screen) → Settings → More Settings → Text Messages 

Editing on Android: Dial *#*#4636#*#* from your phone keypad → Phone Information → SMSC: Update with +14385200092 

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,760 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Oli_

I checked and I gave you a similar answer to your previous questions. Sorry

Did you try the SIM in a different phone?

Can you try to reset the network settings? This will reset all the information regarding the wifi and bluetooth too. Sometime users configured their phone modifying the network configuration which end up to find a problem.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,354 admin
    edited February 28
    Options

Hello @Oli_,
    I am sorry for the situation you have encountered.
    I have verified your ticket and I can see that our technical team informed us that there are no SMS logs on their end in the last 7 days.
    Contact us back privately so we can further verify this situation if you still encounter the issue.
    Please use the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of the Solution Hub pages. If you have trouble finding it, click on the following link (with an incognito window ctrl+shift+n), and the chat bubble will appear within 15-20 seconds: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do.
    I hope you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.