Porting a QC 514 number and using it in Ontario in Beta ?

Options
Shawn E.
Shawn E. Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 17 in My Mobile

A family member is working in London, Ontario for the foreseeable future and saw the beta test. Is interested in joining but wants to be able to keep her number. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,225 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Shawn E.,

It would be best if your family member would contact our customer service, and they will discuss the case in particular, to see if the transfer is possible or not. 
    You can contact our customer service using this FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/support.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator.

Answers

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

Yes it's possible. Just subscribe with Fizz without unsubscribe with the other provider and Fizz will transfert automaticly the old number

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,483 ✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

Hi @Shawn E.

If the number belongs to the subscription area https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area and is a mobile number, yes he can keep his number

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

Hi @Shawn E.

I reconsidered my answer, and I believe you need to contact support since the beta test program is intended for use in porting numbers from the beta program region. If you're porting a Montreal number to Fizz is like you want to join the beta program to save money, reaching out to support would be the best course of action.

To contact the support go on the guide that I posted before, in the bottom right corner, you will find a green bubble click on it in order to chat with the support.

Remember to use a referral code, if this is the first plan in the account in order to get 25$ credit at the second payment

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,492 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately it will not possible to port her Montreal number to use it in Ontario for Beta testing.

The number should belong to the subscription area where the Beta testing is taking place.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

This is not correct. You can port a Montreal number. I did so just yesterday. I used to be with Fizz but moved outside the subscription area. Yesterday I successfully signed-up again porting my Montreal number from Public Mobile to Fizz. My location is in the beta testing area. So it is possible. If in doubt, always reach out to the chat. Welcome to Fizz :)

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

This can be exploited, but probably they are not thousand of users that the will do it

This discussion has been closed.