European texts received

Options
Stephen G. #32755
Stephen G. #32755 Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited February 12 in My Mobile

Has anyone here traveled to Europe and received texts/SMS messages with their FIZZ SIM? I don't need to send texts, just received using my current number.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,483 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Stephen, last year I bought an European SIM card, and when I needed to receive a text, I would put the Fizz SIM card back into my phone.

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

You can Block the sms in your Settings options

• Stephen G. #32755
    Stephen G. #32755 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. While that could be helpful I am.hoping to keep my FIZZ SIM card in but use the e-SIM for data (really cheap in Europe) and only use the FIZZ SIM to receive texts (if they come through). I'm wanting to confirm that I would actually receive the texts

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,483 ✭✭
    edited February 9
    Options

Last year, I didn't encounter any issues when I was in Europe receiving SMS, once, when I had the Fizz SIM card in my phone was ringing, but when I tried to answer, the call dropped, even though it was ringing (this was normal, but I tried to answer, you never know :D)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,225 admin
    Options

Hello @Stephen G. #32755,

Thank you for describing your request to us.

Receiving SMS is free and it should work wherever you are if you have any phone signal.

If you encounter any issues, you can surely contact us and we can troubleshoot the situation and solve it.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

Mihai, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.