OnePlus phone certification VoLTE

Options
Sumeet Duggal
Sumeet Duggal Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited April 3 in Break Room

Hello,

I was curious to know if/when Fizz will certify OnePlus phones. There are so many earlier discussions going on with the standard Fizz reply that they plan to expand the list but not even one phone from OnePlus is certified. And this has continued for more than a year.

I am planning to buy the new OP12 but it seems I won't be able to use VoLTE on one of the newest phones just because Fizz doesn't certify phones fast enough?

Thanks for any reasonable responses (except for the standard Fizz reply which adds no meaning to the conversation).

Answers

• Sumeet Duggal
    Options

Anyone with updates?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,492 ✭✭
    Options

We are all users here. Usually a moderator (@Whizz account) replies that we should check for the updates on the official site.

• JC7
    JC7 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options

In my opinion no because Fizz or Videotron has never sold these models. Unless they decide one day to allow VoLTE to all devices.

• Martin B. 10771
    Martin B. 10771 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

From my perspective, I don't understand why they need to certify phones that already supported VoLTE. I share the same opinion, allow VoLTE on all devices right now!!!

• Alexis_R5P4A
    Alexis_R5P4A Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Options

Just here to follow the thread!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any answer on that... I'm still waiting for the volte certification for my pixel 4xl (certified with Videotron), which will probably never arrive. I will have to replace my phone in 1 year or two even if it's still working fine because of that

• paradis_WZQGA
    paradis_WZQGA Posts: 487 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, it is a bit unfortunate that valid phones supporting VoLTE are not certified. When asking question about this, the only answer we got is to check the list and it might be updated.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

It does get updated but only with new phones being just released... They are not catching up on older phones

• Sumeet Duggal
    Options

Since they have never certified any OnePlus phone it is clear that the intent is not there. I believe phones from 6T have volte inbuilt. I had 7 pro earlier and sim from another country had a perfectly working volte connection but not fizz.

• Sumeet Duggal
    Options

I have been looking around other forums on OnePlus and Canadian carriers. Basically no carrier certifies OP phones as of now and a few people from Public and Bell have said that it might work. It is a hit/miss case. So we are at the mercy of Canadian oligopolistic telecom sector to certify Volte on phones when a perfectly working phone could just be used out of the box. This is like going back to the time of contract control of phones but in a different way.

I don't think any country has this system of certifying phones for volte in the world. Welcome to Canada.

It is also worth noting that when next year 3G stops in Canada, all OP phones will be bricked in Canada and will be unusable since we can't make phone calls for lack of volte. Unless CRTC forces the companies, we OP owners are doomed in Canada.

• CJ_Jazz
    CJ_Jazz Posts: 0
    Options
    > @Sumeet Duggal said:
    > I have been looking around other forums on OnePlus and Canadian carriers. Basically no carrier certifies OP phones as of now and a few people from Public and Bell have said that it might work. It is a hit/miss case. So we are at the mercy of Canadian oligopolistic telecom sector to certify Volte on phones when a perfectly working phone could just be used out of the box. This is like going back to the time of contract control of phones but in a different way.
    > I don't think any country has this system of certifying phones for volte in the world. Welcome to Canada.
    > It is also worth noting that when next year 3G stops in Canada, all OP phones will be bricked in Canada and will be unusable since we can't make phone calls for lack of volte. Unless CRTC forces the companies, we OP owners are doomed in Canada.

So I've got a question. Will we not be able to access any features at all if our Oneplus is not VoLTE certified or only certain features? Cuz I was thinking of getting a low cost talk and text plan and stick with the data plan on Fizz..
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

As well as any other non-certified phone... it's a pity honestly

• Andrey S. #3835
    Andrey S. #3835 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to follow the thread. I have OnePlus 11T

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

I don't have a OnePlus, but I'm on the same boat with a Pixel 4XL… even though it's compatible with VoLTE, it hasn't been certified. I hope that, if really the 3g network will be shut down in 2025, Fizz can really step up and certify a bunch of older phones…

• Gramart
    Gramart Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz doesn't appear to follow on this… it's a pity

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,222 admin
    Options

Hello everyone,

We understand that you are eager to see the updated list of compatible phones. At this point, there is no clear date for when this will be available, but our technical team is working on it. We recommend checking our website periodically for updates.

The lack of access to VoLTE only affects you when you are roaming outside of Canada. In this case, you will not be able to place or receive calls. Within Canada, however, you should not encounter any issues.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.