Why is my connection for the past week randomly disconnecting?

Options
WWG1WGA
WWG1WGA Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 6 in Internet

Since the beginning of the New year even a bit before Christmas, I have consistently randomly been disconnected from my network at random intervals of the day and I have been with Fizz for 5 years, never had this happened, I am wondering what is going on? Are you having a hard time providing constant connectivity? Should I looks elsewhere?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello WWG1WGA,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your plan and I can see that everything is in order there.
    I can see that your modem had the status offline in my tools at times. There are no issues in your area and in order to correct the issue, I advise you to verify if your power outlet is working correctly.  If there are any fluctuations, then the modem will restart and even factory reset in case the power issues are constant. 
    Try to plug your modem directly to a wall power outlet and not use an extension cord.
    Also, make sure that the coaxial cable is in good shape, no bends on it and if it is well screwed at both ends.
    You can see some troubleshooting steps here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

If you encounter further issues, I advise you to contact us via chat or social media using the link: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Thank you for your understanding and patience!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen, Community Moderator

Answers

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

First, are you sure the problem isn't on your end, the router, modem, or even the wiring? If you've reset your modem/router and have checked them and it's still happening, your best bet would be to contact Fizz chat (go to the Help page and click on the green chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen). They will have a bunch of troubleshooting you can try to see where the problem is, and hopefully get it fixed. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.