Do not use wallet funds for data roaming outside QC

Options
cinergi
cinergi Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

Hello,

For Fizz plans with QC coverage (not Canada-wide), when travelling outside QC like to Ontario it seems that funds from the Fizz wallet are automatically used for data roaming, which quickly depletes the wallet since the price per MB is high. This happens even with roaming turned off (iPhone). Is it possible to prevent wallet funds from being used for data roaming outside QC? I would prefer to conserve the wallet for calls (on a plan that doesn’t include unlimited minutes).

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,069 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @cinergi

This is not possible since the wallet is for that need, however, with the roaming off the data should not be used.

Try to contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 938 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I got the same experience. Like 3 days in Toronto for Christmas, only 8¢ left in my Fizz wallet. I don't think Fizz can just turn off the data roaming use from your wallet but we can manually turn off our data and use it for emergency only. Try to use public WiFi when you are out of your house if you don't mind.

Hopefully will help a bit.

Happy new year!

• cinergi
    cinergi Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks all! @Easygolucky , where can I find the option to set a wallet spending limit (point #2 in your response)?

Thanks

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    Options

I am interested too. I just checked my wallet and didn't see any option to set a spending limit. That would be really useful.

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    Options

Apparently you can ask Fizz for a refund if you have too much in your wallet.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-my-wallet-and-how-do-i-use-it Section. 3

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,225 admin
    Options

Hello everyone, 

I know that point 2 of Easygolucky 's response may have been interesting, however, Fizz does not have this option at the moment, therefore, you can try the option other members provided, for example, adding funds in small amounts, to control how much can be spent, and turning the mobile data off when it is not needed. 

Feel free to reach out to customer service in private if you need more information.
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.