Fizz BC beta calls getting dropped frequently, where else to report bugs?

Options
crimsona
crimsona Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

I understand fizz is in beta so what would be the best way to report bugs?

Located in Vancouver around Kerrisdale area, phone drops the call to any number around 80 percent of the time after less than a minute, and requires recalling the other person. Subsequent calls can hold onto a signal after the first drop

Screenshot attached with the error message

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @crimsona

The best way is contacting the support, did you already try to reboot the phone or to put in airplane mode for 1 minutes

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,322 admin
    Options

Hello crimsona, 

I would kindly advise you to make sure that your device is within our VoLTE certified devices list: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices#:~:text=restart%20your%20phone.-,List%20of%20phones%20certified%20VoLTE%20with%20Fizz,-Apple as such issues can occur when the phone is not VoLTE certified by us. 

Also, if you have the possibility, I would kindly ask you to test the SIM card in a different device (a VoLTE certified phone by us), to see if the issue can be replicated or not. 

If the issue appears to be persistent, I would kindly ask you to contact us in private, for a deeper analysis. 
    Here you can find us: https://fizz.ca/en/support 

Thank you for your kind understanding! 
    Have a good one! 
    -Florin, Community Moderator

• crimsona
    edited December 2023
    Options

The device experiencing these issues is a Google Pixel 8 which is on your list and holds the signal no problem on the second call.

However the account is showing pixel 4a as it was the first device we plugged the SIM in on day one to test and there's no way to update the IMEI to the pixel 8

• crimsona
    Options

I tested yesterday night, and the issue is replicated on Google pixel 8 and Google pixel 7, both of which show voice over LTE has been enabled. Holding a call can randomly drop after one or two minutes saying mobile network not connected ( but I do see bars of reception and data continues to work)

However I haven't dropped a call when the SIM was plugged into an older Google pixel 4a 5g

I did notice that when scanning for cellular networks, the 4a 5g can see multiple fizz ext LTE and 3g no problem but the pixel 7 and 8 take a really long time to only see one fizz ext LTE and one fizz ext 3g

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,322 admin
    Options

Hello crimsona,
    Thank you for your feedback,
    There are 2 main ways you can report some bugs or issues.
    The 1st one is to report it to our customer service representatives by contacting us in private.( social media, chat, sending us a contact form from your account)
    And the 2nd one is through the surveys you receive periodically. 
    You have received the latest one that you can complete on the 15th of December. Those go directly to the teams involved in the beta program. 
    For the issue you encountered, we have escalated a ticket to the technical team to verify if there is an issue on the area in regards to the coverage or other reason for the dropped call.

If you want to share your experience on the community as well, you can create a new post with your impressions, as that could help other potential customers or other customers that find an issues that relates to what you are describing.

Our suggestion, is to contact us directly through social media, contact form or chat in order to fix any issue that appears. 

Jess_i88b6 provided the steps to do so above. 

I thank you for your understanding and patience!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen, Community Moderator  

This discussion has been closed.