Can Fizz Mobile clients access the SSID (wifi) of the companies it piggybacks on (Rogers Bell Telus)

Options
FizzySpring
FizzySpring Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile
When I was on Freedom mobile, we could use ShawMobileHotspot SSID networks for free.
What about for Fizz Mobile customers? Do we have access to SSIDs provided by Rogers?

(The man who gave me a Fizz SIM says that in BC Fizz piggybacks off Rogers and another network)

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @FizzySpring

At this moment Fizz is in beta test on BC, therefore, you cannot except exactly the same functionality from the day 0. They will probably add new features and probably that possibility too.

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

I didn't know this was a common thing, do we even have this option in Quebec? I would suppose if Videotron has hotspots then we should be able to use them?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,322 admin
    Options

Hello FizzySpring  ,

For the moment we don`t have any details on the hot-spot requests but if anything we will update our website  ( since most of the promotions are visible there ) and e-mails with different promotions / and such other details can be found here.

As an example, we had a similar situation as Fizz was giving free wifi in certain areas in Quebec ( there were certain locations where you could sit at park / bench and the WiFi would be free and provided by Fizz ) - so if anything we will inform our clients also if similar events will occur in other areas.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.