Cell phone reception in Montreal just brutal

Options
Djbenson
Djbenson Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in My Mobile
New to Fizz and got a brand new Pixel 8 phone. The cell reception is atrocious - 90% of inbound calls do not connect, it won't even go to voice mail and I am getting a lot of complaints from my business users trying to contact me.

Anyone else having these issues? I've never experienced such poor service. I am in a suburb of Montreal, so not exactly out in a rural area.

Answers

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Options

Never had such issue since I've been with Fizz. Maybe something went wrong on activation or phone number port in. You should get in touch with Fizz support to solve this issue.

Go to Contact us | Fizz and scroll down until the green chat bubble appear around bottom right corner. Click on it and choose "chat". You can also use Facebook Messenger, but it will be slower.

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    Options

I have never had this problem either. I hope the Fizz support can solve your problem soon!

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭
    Options

No issues for me either.

• Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options

Depending where you are, indoor reception can sometimes be an issue with all the carrier. At my place, I don’t have reception in the bathroom. We tried with Fizz, Telus and Fido and none of them are working. I hope Fizz will launch Wi-Fi calling in the future

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

This is not normal, reception can be occasionally spotty, especially if you go far away from cities, but I've never had a problem in Montreal or around. Is this the same phone that you've used before and not had a problem? The only time I've had signal drop was deep inside a building, solid concrete will dampen signal significantly, but this happens with all carriers I've used equally (worse with some older phones). If everything else is unchanged and this is purely a Fizz problem you may want to contact them and see if something's up with your carrier settings.

• Soma
    Soma Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options

I also am new to fizz with a pixel 8. My signal is always strong and no dropped calls. I've read though that some Pixel 8 have issues with signals. Might not be Fizz but your Pixel?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,322 admin
    Options

Hello @Djbenson,

We are sorry for the situation you have encountered.

If you still encounter the situation you described above, please use the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of the Solution Hub pages. If you have trouble finding it, click on the following link (with an incognito window ctrl+shift+n), and the chat bubble will appear within 15-20 seconds: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do.

We will then help you with your particular situation and solve it as soon as possible.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

Mihai, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.