Modem in central position and only 70mbps

Options
Paaradiise
Paaradiise Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in Internet
My modem is maybe 5 to 7 meters max and cannot have near 200mbps , what's wrong ?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,102 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Paaradiise

It can be a wifi problem, voici une guide très interessant https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,561 ✭✭
    Options

Is it in an open and well vented space. The higher position is better, away from mirror, windows, concrete walls electronic devices, electric panel or wall with EV charging station. Unplug the modem for 1 minute and replug it. Otherwise contact the support service for a check on there side.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hello Paaradiise  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I verified your modem`s signals and there were a few signals off in it`s history but everything appears to be a bit better now.

Try to check the coaxial and power cable and also make sure that you test the modem in another power outlet.

One of the first steps in resolving any Wi-Fi-related difficulties is to perform a network diagnostic at home. If you have not yet finished the 2-minute network scan, please proceed as follows:
    To begin troubleshooting, take these steps:
    Place yourself near to your modem.
    Open the Fizz Wi-Fi app and press the three dots in the upper right corner to access the application menu.
    Select "Fizz support"
    ►Tap "Tools and support"
    Follow the instructions and grant all permissions until you reach the feature page, at which point you should click on Network Scan. Allow the 2-minute scan to complete (do not dismiss the program or try to see messages or notifications during this time).

Last time when you did a scan it was quite a while ago so another one will help discover the issue further.

Once you are done, please reach our colleagues on our contact methods ( social media or Live chat ) , with the results for further investigations : https://fizz.ca/en/support

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.