Battery health of preloved phones?

Options
Fizz_Luis
Fizz_Luis Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Phones
So after being unable to purchase a phone for months...

After being unable to change my address on Fizz and they refuse to change it...

After delivering the phone to that incorrect address where the carrier dropped without any need of ID...

I got my preloved iPhone 13 Pro... now here is the thing, I know these phones have been used and I have indeed read the specifications of what a preloved phone is and how they make the cut... but I checked the battery health and it's at 87%, exactly the same number than my iPhone 12 that I have been using for the last 26 months...

Thoughts?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, reading the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-preloved-phone it seems that there is not warranty of battery level

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

Honestly the battery is the one reason why I would never get a pre-loved (or whatever other companies call it) phone. Unless the price is significantly cheaper (which it usually is not) it's not worth it. You can still salvage the situation somehow by going to Apple and asking to change the battery, it will probably cost less than the price difference between new and pre-loved so you're still saving some money.

Since there's no warranty on the battery level with pre-loved the chances Fizz will do something are not great, but you have nothing to lose by starting a chat and politely complaining about the situation (87% is pretty low), if you're lucky you may get a credit that'd cover some of the new battery cost.

• Fizz_Luis
    Options

Yeah, that's what I thought also.

I've literally been using my previous phone for over 2 years and charging it (truth to be told) in a very bad way, and it's at that very same point than the "new" phone I got.

On top of that, I got the 15% of discount with Fizz... yay right? Well, I was told that the 25% was reserved to customers that had an older phone so they would get a newer one with the latest signal and whatnot. We'll turns out that my phone was not only not working the best (and Fizz unable to find the solution, not like if it's their fault though) but it's an Iphone 12 and, at least in Europe, they were ordered to stop selling due to safety concerns with radiation (not the typical 5g urban legend bullshit, this one is a real thing). So yeah... a discount would do it for sure.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you've had quite a journey with Fizz and getting a preloved iPhone 13 Pro. Getting a preloved (or refurbished) phone often comes with the expectation that it's not brand new, but still in good working condition. However, finding the battery health at 87% on a preloved phone, especially when it matches the battery health of your 26-month-old iPhone 12, can be a bit concerning.

Here are some thoughts and considerations:

1. Battery Health Expectations: For preloved phones, some degree of battery wear is expected, as these devices have been used previously. However, the acceptable level of battery health can vary. Typically, a battery health above 80% is considered good for a preloved phone, but this depends on the seller's standards and the age of the phone.
    2. Comparing with Your Old Device: It's interesting that the battery health is the same as your iPhone 12 which you've used for over two years. This could mean that the iPhone 13 Pro was used quite extensively before being resold, or it could just be a coincidence.
    3. Performance Impact: A battery health of 87% should still provide you with decent performance, but it might not hold a charge as long as a new phone would. If you're a heavy user, you might notice the need to charge more frequently.
    4. Warranty and Return Policy: Check Fizz’s warranty or return policy for preloved phones. If you're not satisfied with the battery health, you might be able to return it or ask for a replacement, depending on their policy.
    5. Battery Replacement Option: If the phone is in good condition otherwise and you're happy with it, but concerned about the battery, consider getting the battery replaced. Apple offers battery replacement services, which could be a worthwhile investment to ensure your phone lasts longer.
    6. Your Usage Needs: Consider how the phone’s battery health aligns with your usage needs. If you're a light user, the current battery health might be adequate for your daily needs.

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Options

"Typically, a battery health above 80% is considered good for a preloved phone"

When an iPhone's battery reach 80% of its original capacity, Apple recommends to replace it. It's even covered by Apple Care+. It took me 3 years to reach that state with my iPhone SE 2020.

A "preloved" phone with battery health under 90% had a busy life with its previous owner. Not exactly a slightly used phone...

• Fizz_Luis
    Options

Yes, that was my point. Apple suggest to replace it when is around 80%, and even do it for free if it’s under warranty. A pre loved phone with a battery under 90% makes very little sense to me.

• Fizz_Luis
    Options

Contacting support has been lately useless with their answers as I stated above, and I had to fix issues by my own. I also had a private conversation with @Whizz but they ignored me for the last couple of days. I Whizz they could reply…

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,361 admin
    Options

Hello Fizz_Luis  ,

As we already discussed in private - and considering that the situation has been resolved, we`ll close this post.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.