Fizz price information for mobile plans

Options
Chunkkit
Chunkkit Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in Welcome and join
Hey guys did anyone encounter this issue where I was trying to purchase a phone on black Friday with a plan and it somehow ended up 143$/month for the plan? + 25/month for the phone plan?

I reported this info to Fizz and they escalated this situation and they mentioned that it shows the correct pricing.

Now a couple days later (after a signed up with my old phone and use their phone plans (35$/month). I was checking out the store and tried it again and now it shows me a more reasonable price (35$/phone + 35$/data)??

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,085 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chunkkit

Different people reported this display issue

• Soma
    Soma Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options

Yup I saw that as well. Just a glitch I guess

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you encountered a pricing discrepancy when trying to purchase a phone with a plan on Black Friday. Such issues can happen occasionally, especially during high-traffic periods like sales or promotions. Here’s a possible explanation and some steps you can take:

1. Pricing Error: During big sale events like Black Friday, technical glitches or pricing errors can occur on websites. The initial $143/month might have been a system error.
    2. Fizz's Response: It's good that Fizz escalated the situation and checked the pricing. However, it seems there was a lag in updating or correcting the issue on their end.
    3. Revised Pricing: The fact that you later saw a more reasonable price ($35/month for the phone plan and $35/month for data) indicates that the earlier pricing might have been an error that got corrected subsequently.
    4. Further Action:
      • Contact Fizz Again: Since there was a significant discrepancy in pricing, it might be worth contacting Fizz again to explain the situation, especially if you were interested in the Black Friday deal. They might be able to offer you the phone at the intended promotional price.
      • Document the Evidence: If you have screenshots or any other evidence of the different prices you saw, keep them handy. This can be helpful in discussions with Fizz.
      • Monitor for Future Sales: Keep an eye on future sales or promotions. Sometimes, companies offer similar deals, and you might be able to get a good price on the phone you want.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,271 admin
    Options

Hello Chunkkit  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

As stated on the ticket, the situation has been corrected and now you can purchase your phone as the prices will be displayed correctly this time around.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding and have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.