service outside Can/QC

Options
hebert
hebert Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

I've been to Mexico and USA and i just can't use the data i buy. I changed my SIM for the new Volte. not better. i don't know why i'm doing wrong. Im pretty happy with fizz but this is really annoying and considering changing provider.

Any ideas of what could be the problem... in simple term please. :)

I have an Iphone XR

Best Answer

Answers

• magic_channel
    magic_channel Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Options

Try also to update the software of the phone. Hope it helps.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

That sounds super frustrating, especially when you're traveling and need that data to work. Let's see if we can figure out what might be going on with your Fizz data in Mexico and the USA:

1. Check Your Settings: On your iPhone XR, make sure you have roaming turned on. Go to "Settings", then "Cellular", and make sure "Cellular Data" and "Data Roaming" are both switched on.
    2. APN Settings: With Fizz, sometimes you need to manually set the APN (Access Point Name) settings for your data to work, especially when roaming. You can find the APN settings on the Fizz website and how to enter them into your iPhone.
    3. Network Selection: Sometimes, your phone doesn’t automatically connect to the local network or picks a network with weak coverage. Try manually selecting a network. Go to "Settings" > "Cellular" > "Network Selection" and turn off "Automatic". Then, choose a local network from the list.
    4. Check Your Plan: Make sure your Fizz plan actually includes data, and you've purchased the right travel add-ons for the USA and Mexico.
    5. Compatibility Issues: Although rare, sometimes there can be compatibility issues between your phone and the local networks. The iPhone XR is generally good to go, but it's something to consider.
    6. Contact Fizz Support: If you've tried everything and it's still not working, reach out to Fizz support. They might have more specific advice or be able to check if there's an issue with your account.
    7. Last Resort - Local SIM: If you're still stuck, buying a local SIM card in Mexico or the USA might be a workaround. It's not ideal, but it can get you connected in a pinch.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hello hebert  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

If you are still in either of the areas, please check if you have your roaming option turned ON from your mobile`s settings which can be done as shown here :

Press Settings.
    Press Mobile Data.
    Press Mobile Data Options.
    Press the indicator next to "Data Roaming" to turn the function on or off.

After that, reboot your phone, enable / disable airplane mode.

Test with multiple networks also, as some might not be available ( as an example, in the United States, you can test with either AT&T , T-Mobile , Verizon ) and check if the issue persists.

On the last note, try to test the Sim card in another phone to check if the issue persits there, and it does, reach our colleagues on Live chat for further investigations : https://fizz.ca/en/support

Thank you and have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.