telephone calls cut off after a few minutes, and "customer service" Chat not working

Options
Simon
Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

My calls, both incoming and outgoing, consistently drop after a few minutes. From Friday (while in Ontario) to today (back in Quebec), the magic number seems to be 6 minutes. Anyone else having these issues?

Also ... I'm trying to reach Fizz customer service (via the Chat bubble, which I've used numerous times over the past year) but it's not permitting a new conversation. It seems to be glitchy: when I open up the Chat, it immediately ends itself. Ideas and/or suggestions would be appreciated

Answers

• Simon
    Options

update: Fizz customer service (via the Chat bubble) seems to be "better" in that I can write a message, although it's disconnected me a few times since, so we'll see if it works this time

• Simon
    edited November 2023
    Options

another update: they(FIZZ) are looking into the issue.

I've rebooting my phone, but the issue remains a significant pain ... many of today's calls were supposed to last longer than 6m. :(

• NinjaMarky
    NinjaMarky Posts: 1,612 ✭✭
    Options

good to see you are having some progress. hope this issue gets resolved soon.

for any proglems with the chat, try clearing the browser cache or use the browser incognito mode.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,300 admin
    Options

Hello Simon,
    We are always here for you and will verify the situation together and work towards a solution, however, during this time, please be aware of the information you post on the community. You posted photos containing phone numbers, considered personal information, therefore, I need to delete them. 
    Thank you for your kind understanding. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu 

• Simon
    edited November 2023
    Options

Update(1): I seem to be able to do calls longer than 6m in length, despite not doing anything more than yesterday’s “reboot” (as previously stated)

Update(2): I’m not entirely sure I agree with FIZZ’s resolution message, which reads: “After receiving word from the technical team regarding the ticket opened , they have stated that after their investigation, it appears that calls are working and suggested …”

Lastly, thank you to Whizz (Sergiu) for your comment about needing to delete the pictures, as opposed to simply deleting them.

• AlexPelletier
    Options
    I’m having the same issue lately. Calls randomly drop after a few minutes. It has been going on for the past week or so. Hope this gets resolved…
  • AlexPelletier
    Options
    I’m having the same issue lately. Calls randomly drop after a few minutes. It has been going on for the past week or so. Hope this gets resolved…
  • Simon
    Options

@AlexPelletier: have you messaged them? Their message of yesterday stated that "it appears that calls are working" which, it just occurred to me, doesn't necessarily mean that it's consistently working 100% of the time. Please update whenever you find out anything. Thx!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,300 admin
    Options

Hello AlexPelletier  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Please try to reboot the phone, enable / disable airplane mode or even check if the APN settings are as the ones shown here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

APN: mobile.bm
    MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl

If you have an iPhone, reset your phone`s network settings or even test the Sim in another phone to check if the issue persists.

On the last note, if the issue does persists, reach our colleagues on Live chat for further investigations.

Thank you and have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.