how long I need to wait for FIZZ to deactive my phone number

Options
Lifan Yuan
Lifan Yuan Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

Hi, I am transferring to another provider, I have received confirmation from FIZZ. But the bar is still there..

Best Answer

• NinjaMarky
    NinjaMarky Posts: 1,588 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

did you reply YES to the confirmation text from fizz?

if you did that, try inserting your new provider's sim card to check it out.

see faq for more info: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

Cancelling and KEEPING your number.

If you wish to keep your phone number and transfer it to a new provider, DO NOT cancel your current Fizz service — only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider.

To transfer your number, you need:

• The IMEI of your phone. To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your Fizz plan. If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

OR

• Your account number. You’ll find it under My plans > Manage my plan. It’s the 8 digit number starting with a 2 or 3, right under your phone number.

Important: The transfer authorization is key.

Fizz will send a text message to the current user of the phone number to confirm their wish to transfer the phone number. Failure to reply “YES” to the transfer authorization request by the set deadline means that your request will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to start all over. If you don’t receive the transfer authorization request by text, contact us using the chat bubble.

Once your new provider has retrieved your phone number, they’ll advise us and your Fizz mobile plan will be automatically deactivated. Just remember, however, that you will not receive any prorated refund since Fizz is a prepaid mobile service.

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

Your new provider should take care of this.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,231 admin
    Options

Hello Lifan Yuan,
    I just verified your account and I noticed that the transfer order was completed, and the plan with Fizz is now deactivated. Everything appears to be all right, however, if you need more information, you can always contact our customer service representatives. Here is a link on how to do so  https://fizz.ca/en/support.
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu 

This discussion has been closed.