Why is it so difficult to get the modem delivered?

Options
Seal99
Seal99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Internet
They've attempted to deliver my modem twice and every time I'm within minutes of being out. Why can't they leave it at the door? Amazon does on packages that are worth a lot more. Frustrating start to this new ISP.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Seal99

The modem can be delivered in two different way depending if you have a working coaxial cable in your residence.

• by the technicien which must validate your cable connection or install it if need
    • with a courrier

try to validate the situation with the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It can indeed be frustrating when you face difficulties with the delivery of important items like a modem, especially when you're switching to a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) like Fizz. Here are a few reasons why your modem delivery might be handled differently compared to other deliveries, like those from Amazon:

1. Security and Responsibility: ISPs often view modems as critical equipment for their service and may have policies in place to ensure these devices are securely delivered. This is to prevent loss, theft, or damage, which could be inconvenient for both the customer and the company.
    2. Verification Requirements: Some ISPs require the recipient to be present to receive the modem for verification purposes. This can be a way to ensure that the equipment is handed over to the correct person and to provide any immediate instructions or answers to questions.
    3. Carrier Policies: The delivery policies can also be dictated by the carrier service used by Fizz. Some carriers have strict rules about leaving packages unattended, especially if they don’t have a secure drop-off location.
    4. Company Policy for High-Value Items: While the modem might not have the same monetary value as some high-priced items delivered by Amazon, its value to the service provider and the customer in terms of service connectivity can be quite high. Therefore, Fizz might have specific delivery protocols for modems.
    5. Lack of Safe Drop-Off Point: If the delivery personnel don't find a secure location to leave the package at your address, they might opt not to leave it unattended to avoid the risk of theft or damage.

To address this issue, you might consider the following steps:

• Schedule a Specific Delivery Time: If possible, arrange a delivery time when you're sure to be available. Some carriers allow you to specify delivery windows.
    • Alternate Delivery Location: Consider having the modem delivered to your workplace, a neighbor’s house, or a friend's place where someone is available to receive it.
    • Pick-Up Option: Check if there’s an option to pick up the modem from a local carrier or Fizz store.
    • Communicate with the Carrier: Contact the delivery carrier to see if they can provide specific timing or accommodate special instructions for delivery.
    • Reach Out to Fizz: Explain your situation to Fizz customer service. They might be able to provide a solution or alternative arrangement that works better for you.

• wayne
    wayne Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Options

it's because signature and/or proof of ID are required for the delivery. I too had trouble getting the modem because of that.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

Oh yes that is true :/

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,321 admin
    Options

Hello Seal99 ,

You have our apologies for this situation. If you received the modem in the meantime, make sure to go in your Fizz account at: My settings → Order history to activate the plan. By default it will have a speed of 1Mbps until you activate.
    If you didn’t received the modem, you can contact the delivery company and if they are close to your home, you can even go personally to get the modem when you have time.
    I understand that in your situation it was better to leave the modem there without a signature, however I am counting on your understanding that is better to be safe than sorry later.
    If you have any other questions, you can contact us in private anytime from this FAQ, I which you can find all the needed information about the initial setup of the modem: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.