Does it make sense to be bit Fizz? Pros and Cons

Fizz_Luis
Fizz_Luis Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Break Room
Hello Community,

This is my first message in here. I like Fizz, I truly like it. It's been over 2 years after I got their service and a phone with them, a year after I got my Home Internet with them as well.

Internet is fairly cheap and works well, most of the time. There are some disconnections here and there, that I noticed mostly when using the phone, so I'm not quite sure if it's due to the Internet Connection or the Phone itself. Another issue I have is that the Fizz router does not reach most of the house well enough. I'm not talking about several floors of dozens of meters of distance, but a mere 7 meters without walls in between. I had some conversations with the support but they did not help much besides the regular tests that I had already done. I kind of manage to live with it.

Mobile and website; this is even worse. Again, I truly love Fizz, but... ugh. It works for my needs, I don't have minutes nor text messages, I simply use add-ons and it works for me, with that and some perks I manage to have my bill under $20. Website however is so glitchy that whenever I have to add an add-on or put money in the wallet because it finished while on a call I have nightmares. Most of the time doesn't sign up and I have to try several times. I tried incognito, several browsers, from mobile or pc, etc. Support is aware of that and in their words "I know it happens, we are working on it" since several months ago. Then, because I don't know if the internet issues are mostly cause of my phone or the Internet and also the storage of my phone is 63 out of 64 even though I barely had anything media/apps on it (and Apple ended up told me it might be a glitch on the phone itself) I wanted to change of phone... but it's literally impossible.

Ok, let's write this in a new paragraph, there is no way in the world to purchase a phone on Fizz. I want an iPhone 14 Pro, ok there is no such a phone in the website but support told me I can create an alert via email to see when it's there. When I told them it's not possible they say sorry it's only for phones that are out of stock. Ok, then let's try with iPhone 13 Pro 256 Gb, I told them again that even on phones appearing out of stock is not possible to do it, they say sorry that maybe the feature is not implemented. Ok, fine, not like if I want the iPhone 13 Pro 128 Gb...but knowing that my current phone is not working well let's try to purchase this one... but it's impossible, every time I try I get "Oh no. Someone was faster and this phone is now out of stock." or "Error...". Yes, I have read every single Forum discussion about this, I tried incognito, other browsers, clearing cache, other devices, etc. When I told support about this they say "yeah we are aware and we are working on it, you can keep trying if it works soon", I have tried in the last month at least a dozen of times per day... and it does not occur only in that phone but in ANY phone I click, ANY!

What's the freaking point of giving a 15% of discount to purchase a phone when it's not possible to buy one? A normal company would fix an issue that prevents users to purchase something in MINUTES, I'm positive that if I get the code of the site I could fix this for less than the price of the phone. A normal company, if support is contacted, would say, ok sorry that the website is not working, we are working on it, meanwhile let me know which phone you want and we'll do it in a different way.

Things do not work and things cannot be purchased. Those are the 2 most basic things of any business. I really don't get it...

Answers

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭

I completely get where you're coming from. I've been with Fizz for a while now and have had a similar experience. The Internet service is indeed affordable and generally reliable, but those occasional disconnections can be frustrating. I've wondered too if it's the Internet or the phone itself causing the issue.

Regarding the router's weak signal, it's a common issue I've noticed among fellow Fizz users. It's a bit disappointing that Fizz's support couldn't offer more than basic troubleshooting, which most of us have already tried. Like you, I've just learned to live with these limitations.

Now, about the mobile service and website issues: I hear you loud and clear. It's great that you manage to keep your bill under $20 with add-ons and perks, but the website glitches can be a real headache. I've had similar experiences with the website being unresponsive or buggy, especially when trying to manage my account or add services.

As for buying a new phone through Fizz, your struggle sounds all too familiar. The inability to purchase a phone, even when they offer discounts, is a major flaw. I've seen many people in the community express similar frustrations about the phone purchase process on Fizz's website. It's bewildering how such a critical aspect of their service – the ability for customers to purchase phones – seems to be so problematic.

It's ironic, isn't it? They provide discounts for phone purchases, yet buying a phone is almost an impossible task. This is something Fizz really needs to address urgently. It's not just a matter of inconvenience; it directly affects their sales and customer satisfaction. You'd think that a company would prioritize fixing a problem that prevents customers from making purchases.

I'm still hoping Fizz will sort out these issues soon. Their service concept is great, and their plans are affordable, but these technical and service hiccups can be quite off-putting. Let's hope they listen to our feedback and improve their services, especially the website functionality and customer support responsiveness.

• Fizz_Luis
    That's exactly my point, if I have a company where the users are having issues purchasing wallet minutes/add-ons I'll make sure to that that fixed YESTERDAY.

If I have a company where users cannot purchase a phone, for whatever reason, it's freaking Business 101 to get that fixed ASAP. Like freaking support should allow to make it happen via chat in the meantime instead of not even reading my message.

Oh and yesterday I managed to pass the 2 usual errors when purchasing a phone... in a iPhone 15 Pro, which I obviously do not have intention to purchase, then when I try again with ANY phone or even that same one, same error occurs.

Now, when I created this message, it was sent to the forum in duplicate (I guess another glitch of the site), whizz made sure to without reading what I had wrote in the message suggest that I use incognito and simply close the discussion... This is nuts.
  • Easygolucky

I completely understand your frustration. It's indeed crucial for any business, especially a telecom company like Fizz, to ensure that their purchasing systems for essential items like phones and add-ons are functioning smoothly. Here are a few thoughts and suggestions based on your experience:

1. Technical Issues with Purchasing: It's indeed concerning if there are persistent technical issues that prevent customers from making purchases. This should be a top priority for Fizz to fix. Your suggestion about enabling purchases through support channels like chat is a valid interim solution that Fizz might consider.
    2. Customer Support Experience: It sounds like your interaction with Fizz's support was not satisfactory, especially if they didn't fully address your specific concerns. In such situations, it's reasonable to request further assistance or ask to escalate the issue to a higher level of support.
    3. Repeated Errors and Website Glitches: The recurring errors and glitches you're encountering on the site, including duplicate forum posts, suggest there might be deeper technical issues at play. Documenting these errors (with screenshots, if possible) and presenting them to Fizz can help underline the severity and frequency of the problems.
    4. Persistent Advocacy: Given the nature of these issues, continuous advocacy for a resolution is important. Keep reaching out to Fizz through different channels. Sometimes, escalating the issue through social media (like Twitter or Facebook) can bring more attention to your case.
    5. Consider Your Options: If these issues persist and significantly impact your experience, it might be worth considering other service providers. The inconvenience of switching might be offset by the benefit of more reliable customer service and technical functionality.
    6. Community Engagement: Continue to share your experiences in the Fizz community. Public forums can be a powerful tool in highlighting systemic issues and can sometimes prompt a faster response from the company.

• Easygolucky

Your experience underscores the importance of responsive customer service and functional technical systems in today's digital-first environment. It's reasonable to expect a telecom company to address such fundamental issues promptly and efficiently.

• Fizz_Luis
    Thanks for these answers, it addresses pretty much all the concerns I have. And yes, the next one is the escalation via social media.

It's sad cause indeed the price is good and the service generally speaking is good, but when it's not it's not haha, if that makes sense.

I have a group of 3 people that they, due to recent events, asked me about Fizz recently and I have been almost 2 years telling it was good, both phone and internet, but yesterday I was asked about the referral code and I had to tell them... hold the horses. It's indeed sad.
  • Fizz_Luis
    Interesting update.

I managed to get a phone... yay!!! Oh wait, here is the funny part.

I see that for ONCE there are more than 1 color available in the iPhone 13Pro... maybe this means they are in stock? I tried to purchase and failing again... then I think... wait I'll do the incognito workaround since this is the official way to purchase things in this company... Yay! I managed to pass the purchase screen...

Filling out things here and there, time to verify my shipping address. Oh no... it's the OLD one, I guess it's my fault, but fear no more, there is a button that says "Add new address", click on it, and it's impossible to find my new address, even following the very same nomenclature than the previous one (after all it changes just 1 digit), like it's not even giving me options in my province. I say... well, let's start the process again, still in incognito, but then I couldn't continue with my process of purchasing the phone and I had to initiate a new one... and now all phones, not only the one I was trying to purchase previously, no matter the phone were out of stock... still in incognito remember? Different browsers, different devices, clear cache, etc.

An hour later I tried again and I managed to pass it through, but still unable to add a new address, I said... well knowing I don't have many luck with support I'll use this old address and I'm sure in a reputable company there is a way to change the address after at some point, somehow. I continue the process and before finalizing the purchase there is a little pencil icon in the Shipping address to change it, I was happy thinking this was the one! I attempt to change it and... "This address is unfortunately outside of our subscription area."... what the heck! It's just the apartment next to the old address, I know for a fact that's NOT TRUE. So my options are, continue with the process using that old address, attempting to change address again and again which I know it does not work, or wait for support that not only did not help much in previous questions but it takes time... and phones might be out of stock after (or the website could glitch like in the last months). So yeah, I continue the process with the old address. During the Affirm subscription I add the proper new address and then right after purchasing the phone I managed to change my address in the My info area as well surprisingly.

Right after this happened I contacted support to mention the issue and to possibility of confirming/changing the address, to ensure the shipping goes to my apartment, knowing that according to the website an ID needs to be shown when receiving the package. The answer was that they confirm that my new address is good in the file now...but that unfortunately nothing can be done as I already completed the purchase... and then "have a nice day!"... :D

I don't know man... Tell me 1 single thing that makes sense in this whole process...

tagging @Whizz I guess...
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,448 admin

Hello @Fizz_Luis ,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry you had to go through all this to order the phone you wanted, and we can assure you that we will take the necessary measures to make sure it gets to you. As you contacted customer service, the dedicated team received our request for assistance, and they are working on it as we speak. It is only a matter of time until the situation is resolved, and as soon as it is, you will be contacted via email with all the updates.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding through this.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

• limeisong
    limeisong Posts: 389 ✭✭

Thank you for sharing your experience. I've learned something

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 110 ✭✭

I understand your frustration, early on with Fizz I had some problems and was locked out of my account for far longer than it should've taken to resolve the issue. But honestly? The "when it's not it's not" bit applies to every other provider I've been with, especially in Canada, where none of the big ones care about minimally decent customer support (and small ones quickly stop caring as soon as they stop being so small). Between expensive provider with bad support and cheap provider with sometimes-good-sometimes-bad support, we're just picking the lesser evil.

• wayne
    wayne Posts: 256 ✭✭

You have a good point about the big ones. I was with one before and had very bad experience with their satisfaction team, so bad they made me cancel the service on the spot which I had no intention to do in the beginning

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,235 ✭✭

Interesting discussion! I only have a mobile plan with Fizz and apart from minor problems, I am very satisfied and the plan suits my purposes. Our Internet is still with Videotron, ok, the prices are higher and every year or every six months we have to call and haggle with them about another increase, which is annoying. However, one of the reasons we stay with them is their support, which is quite good. But eventually, I hope that we can lower our Internet bill as well by switching providers.

• wayne

I was with them for internet also for over 10 years. Overall I was quite happy with their service other than the constant increasing of price. It might be worth it if you like to get a hold of someone on the phone when needed. maybe it was just the luck of the draw I got a really bad service rep that made me cancel. Ironically he was from the customer satisfaction team.

• SpencerMeg96
    SpencerMeg96 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Im new to Fizz and so far so good. Im pretty sure i will be more happy then when i was with bell. I have mobility and soon home internet. Mobility so far so good in terms of price and reliability. I love the fact that you can customize. For the internet, from what i understand from this thread is that its not reliable? what about speed? I am getting the 60mbs, is it too little for one gaming laptop as well as 2 cells?
  • Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭

They still won't offer internet where I live so I can't try their home internet :(

• wayne

What’s your subscribed internet speed? As with most services, people tend to post their unhappy experiences online more often than the happy ones. So my guess is the internet issues you see here doesn’t represent the majority. Just my guess

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 4,336 ✭✭

Fizz use the same network than videotron and you pay less. The speed is steady and the modem/router is free. I have the 30 mbps plan for 2 adults with a lot of connected devices including streaming one and I love it.

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 7,437 ✭✭

I bought an iPhone 14 pro 256gb on the Fizz website! I received it in 1 day and I have nothing to say mobile service!

But for the Internet, just look at the forum posts to realize that their internet service is far from perfect