What to do? Discount from upgrade won't register

Options
kathy_mula1234
kathy_mula1234 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Internet

Hola -

Received a 2$ rebate for my home internet which I activated (or at least thought I did) over a month ago. It obviously didn't work since my bill hasn't changed.

When I go into my account and press apply, nothing happens. The window simply closes.

Anyone else encounter this? If yes, what did you do about it? I believe the same thing has happened for the 1$ rebate as well.

Best Answer

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hola,

It seems you're encountering an issue with applying rebates to your home internet bill with Fizz. This can be frustrating, especially if you were expecting a reduced bill. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Double-Check the Rebate Activation: First, ensure you followed the correct procedure to activate the rebate. Sometimes, there might be specific steps or conditions that need to be met for the rebate to be applied.
    2. Check Account Status: Verify that your account is in good standing and that there are no other issues that might be affecting the application of the rebate.
    3. Technical Glitch: The issue with the window closing could be a technical glitch. Try accessing your account from a different browser or device to see if the problem persists.
    4. Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes, clearing your browser's cache and cookies can resolve issues with website functionality.
    5. Contact Fizz Support: If the problem continues, the best course of action is to contact Fizz's customer support. You can reach out to them via chat, email, or through their social media platforms. Explain the issue in detail, including your attempts to apply the rebate and the technical difficulties you've encountered.
    6. Documentation: Keep a record of your communications with Fizz, including dates and responses. This can be helpful if the issue needs to be escalated.
    7. Ask for Retroactive Application: If it's confirmed that there was an issue on their end or with the rebate itself, ask if the rebate can be applied retroactively for the period it should have been in effect.
    8. Check Community Forums: Sometimes, other customers might have experienced similar issues and shared their solutions on community forums or discussion groups.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,096 ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @kathy_mula1234

Did you apply to the slot? The slot status changed? The bonus is in the slot or still available?

Can you try to use a browser in private mode? If you have any ad blocker try to disable or you can also use a different browser

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,320 admin
    Options

Hello kathy_mula1234,

Sorry to hear that you could not activate the upgrade. I can see that you were already in contact with support, and they came up with a suggestion. Please try the solution that was proposed, and feel free to get back to us in private if the issue persists and I can assure you that the situation will be resolved. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu 

This discussion has been closed.