Anyone record the test alert today on Fizz's network?

Options
Dhavin
Dhavin Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in My Mobile

I live in Gatineau I didn't the test alert that was supposed to happen today, does this mean that I won't receive alerts in a real emergency?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,343 ✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Dhavin

I received it. This is a good question, as alerts of this kind cannot be ignored (it was possible on old phones or probably on phones not intended for the Canadian market, at least to the best of my knowledge).

You should communicate your concerns to support. You can likely open a ticket through your account by navigating to Settings => Contact Forms.

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,989 ✭✭
    Options

I received it as well.

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    Options

My husband received it on his phone (with another provider), I didn't get it but I saw it on Meteo Media (no sound though). Maybe I should inquire as well.

• jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 1,165 ✭✭
    Options

I don’t know if I received or not. There was No sound around 1:55pm, probably not received

• RODRIGODR
    RODRIGODR Posts: 6
    Options
    I received it as well.
  • RODRIGODR
    Options
    I received it as well. :)
  • RODRIGODR
    Options
    I received it as well.
  • Kyle C. #853
    Kyle C. #853 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options

I received it.

• Losingisbadmkay
    Losingisbadmkay Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
    I got both the Ontario test and the Quebec test, but I frequent both provinces
  • Dat N. #33294
    Dat N. #33294 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I lost connection with the service completely, the phone still recognizes the SIM tho but can not call, send SMS or use Data whatsoever, don't know what happened

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,348 admin
    Options

Hello Dhavin,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that a ticket was created for the issue reported.
    You can see your ticket in your Fizz account> My settings> my tickets. 
    As soon as we have news, we will send you an email with all the details.
    I thank you for your understanding and patience!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen 

This discussion has been closed.