Frequent Internet drops directly plugged from FIZZ Modem

Options
Nate W.
Nate W. Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Internet

Hi,

I've had my Internet drop at least a couple of times in a day... This is something new as I've been with Fizz since it launched and as far as i can remember, there were very few internet loss before but i would say it started to get more noticeable since summer.

At first i didnt think much of it but now is becoming of an annoyance to unplug and wait for 10m to resestablish connection. I've rechecked my wires from outside to where my fizz model plugs and they are still secured. I can confirm it is the modem/router and not my wifi set up because i have access directly to the router when i test when the internet goes down from my wireless device.

The lights on the modem all indicate a normal connection with the solid blue light but when i tried to ping or tracert from the fizz web panel, it couldnt reach out, changed the DNS Server to google doesnt help all this time im plugged wired to the router.

The only solution is unplug and replug ( wait 10 mins) and it goes back online.

I've seen a lot of you reporting this problem and the thread closed... what was the solution?

Can i get a videotron technician to come over and check my external connection and signal to see if it has problems, or should I try asking for a new modem / router?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,168 ✭✭
    Options

Hello ,

Contact Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,322 admin
    Options

Hello Nate W.,

I am sorry to hear about this situation and I would strongly advise you to contact our customer service, as they will have visibility over the signals of your modem, and they will be able to see if something is not right with it. 
    You could also download our new Fizz WIFI app, as it has a troubleshooting tool you can use  once you configure the it. You can also discuss with our customer service about it if you need more details. 
    You can follow the steps Jess_i88b6 provided to reach out to us. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

This discussion has been closed.