Addressing Security Concerns:Enhancing Protection at Fizz

Options
Alexandre
Alexandre Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in My Mobile

couldn't find any information on the website about setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) to make our accounts more secure. This is concerning because if someone figures out my password, they could order a new SIM card and potentially carry out fraudulent activities on my account. This is a growing issue due to the increasing incidents of SIM swap fraud. Are there any plans for Fizz to enhance security in response to these emerging threats?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,073 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

this questions only the @Whizz can ask, I really believe that we need a MFA

Answers

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,140 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Alexandre,

I think all companies will move in this direction. It takes time to set it up.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,238 admin
    Options

Hello Alexandre,

Fizz currently does not have 2FA, however, we are always working on improving our service and meeting our customers stadards. Once this feature will be implemented, you will surely see it on our website or be ifnormed via email. 
    As the potential of your account being hacked, we strongly suggest having a strong, unique password, including upper and lower case, numbers, and to particularly use it for Fizz only. 
    Important manipulations like SIM swaps and email changes, which could lead to a takeover of a phone number or even the account are always secured in chat with the agents, so there is less of a risk. 

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out in private. Here is how to do so https://fizz.ca/en/support.
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu 

This discussion has been closed.