Error 0 to some text recipients

Summerdog
Summerdog Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in My Mobile
I'm really struggling with finding a solution .
This whole day I have had issues responding to texts . As I use my Fizz account for work this has been very stressful.
After spending two hours in a help chat with zero resolution I'm turning here .

Would anyone have any insight as I'm ready to cancel and find a more reliable provider

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭

Salut @Summerdog

Avez vous un android ou iPhone?

Regardez le point 8 de la guide https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/je-ne-peux-pas-envoyer-ou-recevoir-de-textos-sms-pourquoi#8

• Gorgon82
    Gorgon82 Posts: 8 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. I can't send sms to 2 contacts who are both on Bell. I can receive sms from them and can send and receive with everyone else I've tried (both iPhone and Android users), including at least one who is also on Bell too.

I'm using a Pixel 6.

This issue just started yesterday evening. I get "Can't send message with Fizz, error 38" in Messages. Like I said this is only happening for 2 specific contacts.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭

The error 38 sometime it can be solved rebooting the device, or putting the phone in airplane mode for a minute

• Gorgon82
    Gorgon82 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Tried airplane mode for 10 minutes with a reboot and I still get error 38

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭

Turn airplane mode on and off on mobile device for error 0

Error 38 is a common error that occurs when sending text messages (SMS) on mobile devices. It is also known as the "Network out of order" error, which means that the message was not sent because the network is currently unavailable or experiencing issues.

To resolve error 38 when sending an SMS, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your network signal strength: Make sure your mobile device has good signal strength and is connected to a network. Try moving to a different location to get better network coverage.
    2. Restart your device: Try restarting your device, which can help reset the network settings and fix any temporary issues.
    3. Check your message center number: Make sure that the message center number in your device's SMS settings is correct. You can contact your mobile network provider to get the correct message center number.
    4. Remove any SMS blocks: Check if there are any SMS blocks on your account, which could be preventing you from sending messages. Contact your mobile network provider to remove any blocks.
    5. Try sending the message later: If none of the above steps work, try sending the message later when the network is less congested or when you have better network coverage.

If you continue to experience error 38 when sending SMS messages, you may need to contact your mobile network provider for further assistance.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,104 admin

Hello Summerdog  , 

Sorry to hear about the issue.

From what I see on your Fizz account a ticket was raised to check what`s happening further.

On a side note, you could try to possibly use another phone to confirm if this is a phone-related issue or service-related issue.

You`ll be reached back via e-mail as soon as updates are provided and you can track the ticket status in My Settings - My tickets.

Gorgon82 , 

Please try to reset your phone`s network settings or test the Sim in another phone to check if you have the same issue.
    More details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages

If it didn`t help, reach our customer service on Live chat : https://fizz.ca/en/support for further assistance.

Thank you and have a good one,
    -Raul

This discussion has been closed.