Data getting drained??

Options
Kevin D. 14212
Kevin D. 14212 Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in My Mobile

I want to share my current situation and see if this has happened to others also.

This month, I used a bit more data than usual. Before i got to 0GB, I paid for a 2GB add-on.

The next day, I see that mobile data isn't working so I hope on my fizz profile and see that the 2gb has already been used completely. I ask myself "how is this possible?" since I clearly did not use 2gb in one day. I tell myself that maybe I had turned off wi-fi accidentaly (even though i'm pretty sure I didnt') and buy a second add-on since i need the data.

Then, the same thing happens AGAIN the next day with the second 2GB add-on: nothing left already. Now I am absolutely 100% sure I did not use anything close to 2GB in that one extra day! Now i'm left with no data until the end of my cycle, and I sure do not want to buy another add-on by fear of wasting money.

Fizz support created a ticket but give me no timeframe or other options (maybe give me some data and deduct it from what you owe me on my next cycle?).

Now I'm left with no data, no short term solution and 23$x2 less in my pockets.

Not cool.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Best Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,090 ✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kevin D. 14212

This is strange, did you check the usage on the phone? This is the only way to be sure at 100%

Do you have a teetering on?

Despite the fact that can be a problem with a Fizz, do you know that you can also ask data here?

edited: I saw that you ask for data

• Lawrence K.
    Lawrence K. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

IMO, you need to check how data is being used by which app on the phone. That's pretty easy to do. For the period you have disabled data, you can check which app is still using data in the background to sync. Once you know which one, you need to access that app and disable the option to use data. Else, you might have to disable the app itself or uninstall it. I've seen lots of apps still sync in the background while using minimal data. I've used Fizz in different parts of Canada and US and no issues. I check occasionally my data usage to make sure no rogue apps are using up data without me knowing or approving. Quite a lot of these "rogue" apps are like Discord, Snapchat etc.

Answers

• Kevin D. 14212
    Kevin D. 14212 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to both of you.

I did find an app that was draining in the background. I was too quick to assume it was a fizz problem.. ! Thanks to all

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,298 admin
    Options

Hello @Kevin D. 14212,

I'm sorry for the situation you have encountered.

I have verified your Fizz member account and I can see that my colleagues escalated your situation to our technical team and also you received an e-mail regarding the escalated ticket.

As I can see, there was no issue with the data you used and I can see that you have an iPhone registered in the Fizz member account. As you have an iPhone, you have to verify the Wi-Fi assist option and turn it off by following these steps: go to Settings - click Cellular Menu - scroll to the bottom of the screen past the apps, and disable Wi-Fi Assist.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

-Mihai

This discussion has been closed.