Issue with transfer to VoLTE

Wendy S. #15008
Wendy S. #15008 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in My Mobile

Anyone having issues with their SIM transfer to VoLTE? How long did it take Fizz to resolve the issue? I didn't receive any email communication re: the VoLTE switch and didn't realize it was happening until I lost the call service 2 weeks ago. Ordered the new SIM card and followed the instruction but it appeared that their backend transfer wasn't done properly and I've now lost both call and data on my mobile. Flagged it to support and received a ticket. It has now been well over a day with no progress. This is beyond frustrating.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭

Hi @Wendy S. #15008

Sorry for your problem, however, I don't understand a point.

If Fizz migrate your plan, this means that the SIM was already a VoLTE.

But when you changed the SIM, this should take couples of minutes and not couples of week, the @Whizz must step in with a solution.

• The SIM was already a VoLTE but the transfer of my account from my SIM to the new one at Fizz's backend wasn't done properly. After I changed the SIM and followed through the activation instruction, the transfer did not work. Fizz's customer support said it's a technical issue on their end and there has been 2 escalations (or so they said) on the issue but it's still not resolved.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,104 admin

Hello @Wendy S. #15008,

Thank you for describing your situation to us.

I have verified your Fizz member account and I can see that the technical team already solved your situation and the SIM card was changed.

Please restart the phone with the SIM inside and test your line using the steps indicated in this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-test-my-fizz-line.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

-Mihai

This discussion has been closed.