Text issues with photos and group chat

Laina
Laina Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in My Mobile
Since I switched to Fizz, I'm having two problems with text messages:

(1) When someone sends me a photo, a new group chat opens with the other person and my own phone number as the group members. It doesn't do with with simple text. If I am texting with someone and they send a photo, I have two different text threads, one with text and another "group" thread with received photos.

(2) In my groups chats, when I send a message, the message is duplicated. It's both sent to the others in the group and also receive by me. So the message appears twice in my group text thread - on one side as a sent message and on the other side as a received message.

Does anyone know how to fix these issues? It's very annoying and not a problem I had with my previous provider.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭

Hi @Laina

What phone are you using?

Did you already try to reboot the phone?

Are you using the default text appllication or are you using a different one

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,105 admin

Hello Laina,
    Thank you for reporting this situation,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you contacted us in private already.
    A ticket was escalated to our technical team in order to investigate the situation and as soon as we have news from them, we will send you an email. 
    You can see the ticket in your Fizz account> My settings> My tickets.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.