Why is my voicemail not working?

Options
William A. #25744
William A. #25744 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in My Mobile

Hello everyone,

I am writing because I need your help using my voicemail. I recently realized that I am paying every month a voicemail fee and that I am not even using it. Why am I not using the feature, you’ll ask. Well, simply because it is not working.

A friend of mine told me the other day that they tried leaving a voicemail but they got a weird automated message instead.

Whenever someone ends up on my voicemail (and when i dial it too) there’s an automated prompt (male voice) asking to enter the 10 digits of the number they wish to call. And whichever number they enter, even the correct one, all they hear is the same sad and perpetual “that does seem right” answer.

In other words, my voicemail is not set up properly if not, at all, and people can’t leaves a message.

Can someone help me find a solution?

I am using an iPhone A2595 with ios 16.6.1

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,101 ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi @William A. #25744

Can I suggest resetting the PIN, connect to the voicemail and check if you have messages on it and your voicemail is full. There is a 35 message limit

To access your voicemail
    1. To access your voicemail, hold the ''1'' key on your phone for a few seconds. For many phones, holding the ''1'' key the speed dial option to reach voicemail. This may vary between different phone models.
    3. The speed dial setting "1" to access voicemail (1-514-647-0999) may vary from one phone to another since it depends on each model’s operating system. Additionally, this setting may not be editable in all phones.
    4. If you are forwarding your calls to another number, the voicemail won’t pick up the call.
    To reset or change your PIN
    1. Modify your access code (PIN) directly via your voicemail, or online from your Fizz account (Under: My Plans > Manage My Plan > Advanced Settings > PIN to Access Your Voicemail). If you have a pending plan change, you won't be able to do so until your new plan is active.
    3. IMPORTANT: Unsafe combinations such as 1234 or 8888 will be rejected.
    Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail

• William A. #25744
    Options

I already knew that thanks. But that doesn’t answer my question at all, Jess

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,101 ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

If it asks for your number, it seems that your phone is transferring the unanswered call to the voicemail

You should check the call forward https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-call-forwarding

On the iPhone

1. Go to the Settings app.
    2. Click on “Phone” (about halfway down)
    3. Next go to “Call Forwarding”
    4. must be disabled

• William A. #25744
    Options

Hi everyone,

I am still unable to use my voicemail. It’s impossible to leave me a message and I cannot access it. I tried resetting my pin and made sure that call forwarding is disabled. Otherwise I don’t see why it’s not working. HELP ANYONE?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,530 ✭✭
    Options

@Whizz can you please help?

• Ivaylo_Code_W6WLS
    Ivaylo_Code_W6WLS Posts: 391 ✭✭
    Options

Have you tried contacting support?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hello William A. #25744,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have contacted us in private in order to address the issue reported. 
    Please, continue the conversation there in order to see if the troubleshooting steps we provided fixed the issue or if we need to escalate the situation further.
    You can find some troubleshooting steps here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-my-voicemail
    And here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen 

This discussion has been closed.