Anyone experience mobile data outage west of Ottawa this week?

Options
scarkner
scarkner Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

I was near Perth Ontario this week with family, all on fizz, and none of us could get data to work, even though we go to that area quite often, even the week before, and normally have no issues. This week, with 5 bars of coverage, all of us got an exclamation beside the signal meter, and no data. Tried rebooting, etc. The only thing that worked was forcing the phone to use 3G (instead of LTE+).

Personally, I think this is a contract thing with the EXT carrier, they were rejecting the high speed connection, but of course Fizz customer service is trying to tell me that it has to be the phone, and to try rebooting.

Anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour on the phone and found a fix?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,558 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello scarkner,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have data in your plan still. Also, you have the proper coverage for the zone you are in.

From what I can see, you have an android phone listed in your account and if your data is not working properly, you have to take a look at your APN settings, to make sure that those settings are the ones Fizz recognises.

To do so on your phone> Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Access Point Names → APN.
    The setting you should have are:

APN: mobile.bm
    MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl

Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

Also, make sure to have your roaming data enabled.

Furthermore, in the region you are, the network is provided by partner networks ( Fizz-ext).
    I would recommend that you try to switch between them to see if you can find one with better coverage.

To do so> Settings> mobile networks> If your device is running Android Lollipop, you will need to choose More Networks, then Mobile Networks > Network Operators.
    Turn off automatic and then manually select the different FIZZ-EXT networks. After each selection, restart your phone.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,159 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

did you have the possibility to force the phone to connect a different network?

This discussion has been closed.