Loosing internet connection on my phone

Options
Hysterique33
Hysterique33 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

Hi everyone, I changed my sim card for a new one compatible with volte 1/2 weeks ago and i've been having issues with internet since then. With both connectivity of the wifi and of the fizz LTE.

I know my wifi is working great, I have no issues what so ever on my computer, but it is cutting a lot on my phone. And when i'm not on the wifi, sometimes even My LTE just doesn't work, or cut. It sais i'm connected but there is an exclamation point on the network icon.

It started only with the new sim card, so I truly don't think my phone has an issue. But I wanted to know if anyone experienced this? Or if there is something I can do?

Thank you

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Hysterique33

The SIM card doesn't have any influence on your phone.

Try to put in airplane mode and enable the wifi to check if you still have the problems

You can also try to reset the network parameters on your phone, be aware that this will erase all the wifi, LTE and Bluetooth configuration

Try to restart the phone

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭
    Options

Try to reset Network settings maybe.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

maybe do a force restart

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,099 admin
    Options

Hello Hysterique33  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Try the steps given by our friend Jess_i88b6  and if nothing helps, I suggest that you try to test the Sim card in another phone to see if the issue is re-occuring.

Sometimes it`s possible that an update might have messed some configurations in the phone`s software thus making it work a bit worse than expected.
    More details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-access-internet-my-phone

So if you test the Sim card in another phone, this will help you understand where the issue is coming from.

If you don`t have another device, I also suggest that you reach our colleagues on Live chat to help with the LTE situation as we won`t be able to help you with the WiFi part ( since Sim cards have no interference on the WiFi situation ).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul

This discussion has been closed.