Calls not coming in

Options
Arthalas
Arthalas Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

Hi everyone,

I have a concern... so I joined fizz more or less a week ago, I brought our own phone, activated the sim, made some incoming/outgoing calls and all seemed good. Last night I tweaked some ringers as this phone will be for emergency purposes only... so wanting to test them, I called our Fizz phone 2x from different phones to no avail. The top left showed that the phone was connected to the network. I then made an outgoing dial... it worked and then retested the 2 incoming dials and it worked. Now is there something I should know because this is an emergency phone so it won't be used as much HOWEVER it needs to work both ways when it will be used. thanks !

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Arthalas

Did you put DND for certain hours? https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-receive-any-calls-on-my-phone

Make sure you have minutes

Make sure you have minutes left on your plan.

If your plan does not contain any minutes, it will be impossible to receive calls on your phone.

Several options are available to you in My Account under ''Manage'' to fix the situation:

Buy an Add-on (you can then make and receive calls immediately)

Add funds to your wallet (you can then make and receive calls immediately)

Change your plan (any plan change will be effective starting at your next payment cycle)

Restart your phone

Reboot (power cycle) your device by holding down the device’s start button for 10 seconds.

After you reboot, your applications will reload. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network. This will allow your device to recover its authorization to access the network.

Airplane mode or offline mode

Make sure your phone is not in airplane mode or offline mode.

If airplane mode or offline mode is activated on your phone, all connections such as calls, mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth function, etc. will not work.

The process of turning off airplane mode or offline mode will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:

Android: Slide your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen (options panel) → Offline mode

iPhone: Settings → Airplane mode

Is call forwarding activated?

Make sure call forwarding is not enabled on your device.

The process will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:

Android: Open the phone app → Click on the three dots on the top right of the screen → Settings → More settings → Call forwarding

iPhone: Settings → Telephone → Call forwarding

You can cancel call forwarding on your phone by typing #21# on your phone’s keypad.

Is call blocking activated?

Make sure call blocking is not activated on your mobile device.

The process of deactivating call blocking will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:

Android: Open the phone app → Tap the 3-dot icon (top-right corner) → Call settings → Reject calls

iPhone: Settings → Phone → Call blocking and identification 

Note: Some devices also have a feature that blocks anonymous calls. You can modify this option by following the same steps described above.

Is the "Do not disturb" option active?

Make sure the “do not disturb” option is deactivated on your phone.

The process for deactivating the “do not disturb” option will vary depending on the type of phone you have. Here are two examples:

Android: Slide your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen (Options panel) → Do not disturb

iPhone: Settings → Do not disturb 

Note: Depending on your phone model and operating system, the "do not disturb" option may completely reject calls, or it may mute ringtones and other audible alerts. Make sure you test your phone to find out how it handles “do not disturb”.

Is your phone on the Fizz network?

Make sure your device is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network. 

IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.

The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Cellular → Network Selection

Test using a different mobile phone

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Arthalas
    Options

the only thing applicable is the restart... but I still wonder why it worked and just today decided to not work. I never (or maybe once a month) restart my other phones and calls have always came in.

we'll see. but I will be quick on pulling the plug on Fizz if this still occurs as we need this device online at all times.

merci.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,293 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't know, but you modified some settings on your phone, for example

• You disable the data roaming and you stay in a zone that sometime your phone connect to Fizz Ext
    • You modify the network operator
    • you activate the DND for a certain hour
    • a temporary problem in your area

These are only hypothesis, probably they are wrong

• Arthalas
    edited August 2023
    Options

we'll see. only settings I changed was the ringer/phone is freshly factory default and no apps/third party apps installed...all settings are not blocking anything :)

like I said, it was on the FIZZ network... seemed not responsive... but making a call from the phone seems to have waked it up...

Maybe this restart after the original SIM setup and activation will solve this. we'll see if it happens again/hope not otherwise...well ya know ;)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,122 admin
    Options

Hello Arthalas,
    Thank you for the details provided on this thread.
    If you encounter this again, please  use the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of the Solution Hub pages. If you have trouble finding it, click on the following link (with an incognito window ctrl+shift+n), and the chat bubble will appear within 15-20 seconds: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do.
    Your situation has been solved for the moment as you have mentioned, however, if you encounter this again, please let us know so we can verify your account and make a few manipulations with you.
    You can also verify these 2 FAQs for more details regarding your situation: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why and https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-receive-any-calls-on-my-phone.
    I wish you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai

This discussion has been closed.