Fizz won’t activate my new SIM card because their customer support is messy.

Options
Habib
Habib Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 1 in My Mobile

3 weeks ago I’ve lost my sim, and since then I tried to order a new one by fizz, to which they refused since I had too many credit cards on my account.

when I tried to delete one, it said that I couldn’t since it was linked to my home internet plan… I don’t have a home internet plan with Fizz. To make things worse, it said the SAME thing for all the other credit cards that I tried to take off my file..

Fizz’ support said they were going to open a ticket concerning it and they did, and they took off the credit payment methods from my account. I assume it was a bug (a very annoying one but whatever).

Now meanwhile the ticket was open, I just decided to buy a FIZZ SIM card from my local store and click the « change my SIM card » option on their website to activate it. That was a week later, so 2 weeks ago from today. I talked to their support and they said they’re going to activate it asap. One day passed, another did, and we’re still going today…

Every time I try to tell them why isn’t my plan active yet, they reply with « Our team’s doing our best ». Either that, or « we’ve opened another ticket and it’s our priority »… it’s been 2 weeks Fizz… wtf.

Not only have I lost 2 weeks off my contract (technically even more bc of your credit card bug) but I‘VE been PAYING for these 2 weeks.

I just lost nearly one whole month of my plan without getting its benefits whatsoever because of your technical support team’s competence…

if you could resolve this issue, it would be appreciated.

Also, if you claim to be an online DIY service, why do we have to chat with you to activate our sim? Can’t we simply put in the number from our account and you activate it?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,265 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Habib

Sorry for the situation

• The credit card limit must be reset from them
    • To replace a lost SIM card, you must contact the support to do it, they will ask a ID with photo and the credit card associated with your account (you can delete the numbers, leaving the last 4 visible)

These are the facts, now you already talk with them and probably prove that you are the account's owner, I don't understand why the waiting, since to replace the card, after you proved your identity should be matter of minutes

here we are normal users, probably the @Whizz can do something for you

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,001 ✭✭
    Options

sorry to hear we are users you have to wait for the solution of your ticket

This discussion has been closed.