Gifting impossible

Options
Ikomar
Ikomar Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in My Mobile

Hi,

The system doesn't recognize the person in my gifting page despite it is in my friend's list.

I tried as well by number, by email and same error:

This person cannot be found

or sometimes it shows

Sorry, the connection cannot be completed.

Tried using Chrome and Firefox, no result.

Thanks

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,001 ✭✭
    Options

the person must be in private mode in this parameter

• Ikomar
    Options

Hi Sébastien,

what is private mode? Never seen that option, can you elaborate please?

Thanks

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,001 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

in your account ,,,,,My settings,,,,Privacy The full experience ,,,,,

Select your privacy preferences: your friend needs to edit here for the first from the top

The full experience

By default, other users can search for me, add me as a Fizz friend and gift me data or giftable perks.

👉️Private membership

I can receive data or giftable perks from everyone. I cannot be searched or added as a Fizz friend.

Incognito

I do not accept data or giftable perks and I cannot be added as a Fizz friend. I am incognito and cannot be found via search.

• Ikomar
    Options

In those settings, I already have the full experience, but that option concerns my profile not the friend profile to whom I want to gift, so it is not logical for me, I am not the receiver here, I am the gifter, andI am sorry to not fully understand your explanation.

The full experience

By default, other users can search for me, add me as a Fizz friend and gift me data or giftable perks

Private membership

I can receive data or giftable perks from everyone. I cannot be searched or added as a Fizz friend.

• Ikomar
    Options

And just to be sure, I asked my friend to check his profile settings and he already had the option for Private membership!

• Ikomar
    Options

There is definitely a bug in the system, when a friend is already in my list I should be able to gift him, no matter the settings for my profile. I already know him and already added him.

Is anyone able to report this please?

Thank you

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@Ikomar

If you tried to erase history, cookies, chances browser, private mode, the full experience, you should try to reach customer service on Live chat : https://fizz.ca/en/support as they sometimes need a few extra details to possibly escalate a ticket to address your situation. Available 24/24.

• Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options

I believe the person is on a private mode. They can change their privacy setting.

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Options

Chek your settings!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,988 admin
    Options

Hello Ikomar,
    Thank you for describing this situation to us.
    The data gifting process works only if you both (you and your friend) have the Full Experience type of privacy.
    If you or your friend is on the "Private membership" privacy, the data gifting process won't work.
    You can see more details regarding this here: 
    I hope you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai

This discussion has been closed.