VoLTE Certification for Oneplus Phones

Options
Dan O. #1859
Dan O. #1859 Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Phones

I received an email from Fizz saying my Oneplus 9 isn't compatible with VoLTE and I have no option to order a free new SIM card. My Oneplus 9 is in fact compatible with VoLTE and the frequencies used by Fizz. The problem is that Fizz has no Oneplus phones listed as compatible which clearly shows their list is incomplete. Is it possible for me to get a new SIM card and if so, will VoLTE work on my phone if Fizz never certifies it? Is the limit really the phone or Fizz?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,113 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Dan O. #1859

Yes you can get the new sim card https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/simcard/free-order?step=quantity

However, at the moment the OnePlus is not certified with Fizz, I had the same problem with my 10T. I also contacted the support and OnePlus. The answer was that the list is not final and the integrate more and more phone since they are in the process to certified them.

If I might, this is my suggestion, if you don't need to use the phone in the USA I will order the SIM and wait. In Canada there is no date for the end of 3G, the speculation is the end of 2025.

In the meantime, open a ticket to inquiring when then OnePlus will be certified. More people asking for that and more probably it will be added sooner.

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I saw today that the one plus didn't work with the volte for the moment

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,466 ✭✭
    Options

I have a pixel 4xl which is compatible but it hasn't be certified by Fizz yet. I was still able to order the new sim card so I believe you can do the same.

As @Jess_i88b6 suggested I will proceed to open a ticket to inquire if and when my phone will be certified and hopefully this will speed the things up!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,378 admin
    Options

Hello Dan O. #1859  ,

The free SIM link should work if your current SIM is an old one. If you encounter an error which is saying that you aren't allowed to order a 0$ SIM, please go in your Fizz account at: My settings -> Transaction history and verify if you already placed the order. If you did, you will have there a SIM order with value 0$.
    For any other situation, you can contact us anytime in private to make further verifications, from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Related to the certified VoLTE phones, rest assured that we are trying to add as many models as possible, however I can't guarantee if or when your phone will be certified.

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a good day,
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.