New wifi significantly slow
Just installed my Fizz Wi-Fi an hour ago and I’m getting very slow speeds. I’m supposed to have 30mbps but instead I’m getting less than 1. Is this normal? All the lights on the modem are on as they should be.
Answers
-
restart your modem to see if that solves the problem
if it persists contact the green bubble support at the bottom right. https://fizz.ca/en/support
0 -
Hello,
If possible, you can also conduct a speed test using a device connected directly to the modem by a network cable (RJ45).... If that doesn't help restart you modem.... Or do a reset to factory settings.
If in doubt you can always consult with the customer support: https://fizz.ca/en/support
0 -
Try using the application that tests the speed of your modem. This way, you can determine where the problem lies.
0 -
good suggestion... if restarting the modem doesn't help, you should contact the customer support
0 -
Hello transyfor,
Thank you for opening this thread!
Please note that all the modems received from the currier come at start with a speed of 1Mbps. After you receive it, you have 2 options:
-Go in your Fizz account at: My settings -> Order History -> See details on Modem -> Click Activate and it will be provisioned with the full speed.-In case you won't activate it, in 3 days after receiving the modem it will be activated automatically.
You can find more information in this link: https://fizz.ca/en/internet/how-it-works
I wish you a good day,
-Georgian0