Sierra Wireless mobile hostpot

Options
Airbag
Airbag Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Phones

Hi, I got a sierra wireless aircard 754s lte mobile hotspot. I plan to use it in a trip to usa with my fizz sim card. I tried to set it up here from quebec yesterday, and I can't manage to get it to work. It always display "searching for network". I got it to work with a F|do sim card, so I'm sure the device is unlocked. Wondering what may be my problem with my fizz sim? I tried to use the mobile.bm apn.

Thank you

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,110 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Airbag

check if this support LTE B4

then you should configure the APN https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

• Airbag
    Options

If I check the bands in router, I have

B17 (LTE_1-64)

B4 (LTE_1-64)

B6 (800 (UMTS)

B5 (850) (UMTS)

B2 (1900) (UMTS)

B1 (2100) (UMTS)

G1900 , G850, G900P, G900E and G1800 (UMTS)

I see 5 network bars (sometimes only 1, when I try 4g lte only or 4g only).

Sometimes I see something like phone not allowed, MM#6.

The apn is ok. Only other option I have is for apn auth. Choices are none, pap or chap. I set it at none

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

Hi

You don't have any authentication therefore is none

• Airbag
    Options

Do you think it will work once I roam somewhere in usa?

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

@Airbag

looking the spec you should be able to use it here too are you able to read the APN settings? Can you check the APN Type

• Airbag
    Options

For the apn setting, I only have 1 box to enter the apn, where I put mobile.bm

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,364 admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello Airbag,
    You can use your mobile services in the USA coverage only if you have the following 3 options checked:
    - a VoLTE-compatible Fizz SIM Card (you do have a VoLTE Fizz SIM card so this option is checked);
    - your services have to be migrated to the new VoLTE platform (your services are already migrated to the new VoLTE platform);
    - a VoLTE-certified Fizz phone - this can only be verified on our website here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices.
    Your "sierra wireless airCard 754s LTE mobile hotspot" phone is not a VoLTE-certified Fizz phone and your services won't work in the USA without a VoLTE-certified Fizz phone. The data (LTE services) will still work as it's not necessary to have a VoLTE-certified Fizz phone, however, the calls and the SMS services will not work.
    I hope you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai

This discussion has been closed.