cancelation period

Options
smi
smi Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in My Mobile

Hello to all

I am going to travel ( and stay) in Europe for a prolonged period of time.Since i don t see any possibility of a cheap prepaid plan and Fizz is not working in Europe, i will have to terminate my monthly plan.Is there any period before leaving ( a month or so) when I ll have to inform Fizz about cancelation/?

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,449 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fizz is a prepaid service without any contract. So you can unsubscribe from your plan at any time, but the cancellation will officially take effect at the end of your current payment cycle.

For example, if you unsubscribe on day 1 of your payment cycle, your plan will be officially closed in 29 days.

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    Options

How do I unsubscribe from Fizz Mobile?

If this really is goodbye.

Cancelling WITHOUT keeping your number.

Cancelling and KEEPING your number.

Cancelling during the trial period.

Deceased member.

Before we say our farewells, let's check a few things so we make sure Fizz is working for you, and your wallet.

Are your My Rewards upgrades activated on your mobile plan?

Based on your My Rewards level, you can enjoy free data and even a rebate on the price of your plan. Every month. Check my upgrades.

Is there a plan or price that would better fit your needs?

If so, just make the switch in your account. All Fizz members have access to posted prices. No need to negotiate. You can change your plan every month if you want. How to modify my plan.

Do you know anyone who is looking for an Internet or mobile provider?

The idea here is to get yourself some referral bonuses applied as a reduction on your upcoming Fizz payments. Share your referral code with as many friends as you want. You may even end up not having to pay for your own Fizz services. Reveal my code.

If this really is goodbye.
    1. We’re sorry to see you go. You can unsubscribe from your plan at any time, but the cancellation will officially take effect at the end of your current payment cycle. You will not receive any prorated refund. Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.
    2. For example, if you unsubscribe on day 1 of your payment cycle, your plan will be officially closed in 29 days. The only exception is if the cancellation occurs during the trial period.
    4. Any money in your Fizz wallet will be automatically refunded at the end of your payment cycle.
    6. If you took advantage of a promotional rebate on the suggested retail price of a phone on fizz.ca, the conditions that apply are here.
    8. After you cancel your plan, you will still have access to your Fizz account. All information about your plan — including your transaction history and payments — will be kept for three years.
    10. If this plan is the only one you have with Fizz, unsubscribing means you will lose your My Rewards points as well as referral bonuses you may have earned during your time with us.
    Cancelling WITHOUT keeping your number.
    1. Once signed into your Fizz account, go under My plans > Manage my plan > Unsubscribe.
    3. Once your request to unsubscribe is submitted, the deactivation of your plan will be done at the end of your payment cycle. In other words, you can use your plan until the end of your payment cycle since Fizz is a prepaid mobile service.
    5. Good to know: If you change your mind, you can reuse your Fizz phone number up to 60 days after unsubscribing, whether to reactivate your plan or to use it for another plan in your account.
    Cancelling and KEEPING your number.
    1. If you wish to keep your phone number and transfer it to a new provider, DO NOT cancel your current Fizz service — only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider.
    3. To transfer your number, you need:
    • The IMEI of your phone. To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your Fizz plan. If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.
    1. OR
    • Your account number. You’ll find it under My plans > Manage my plan. It’s the 8 digit number starting with a 2 or 3, right under your phone number.
    Important: The transfer authorization is key.
    2. Fizz will send a text message to the current user of the phone number to confirm their wish to transfer the phone number. Failure to reply “YES” to the transfer authorization request by the set deadline means that your request will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to start all over. If you don’t receive the transfer authorization request by text, contact us using the chat bubble.
    4. Once your new provider has retrieved your phone number, they’ll advise us and your Fizz mobile plan will be automatically deactivated. Just remember, however, that you will not receive any prorated refund since Fizz is a prepaid mobile service.
    Cancelling during the trial period.
    1. Issuing you a refund is an essential component of our 15-day trial period. The trial period for members with an approved Proof of disability is 30 days.
    3. Trial period refunds apply only to your plan’s monthly payment. Additional expenses such as Add-Ons, Travel Add-Ons and other expenses made via your Fizz wallet will not be refunded.
    5. To receive your refund you must not have exceeded:
    • The 15 days of the trial period (or 30 days for members with an approved Proof of disability);
    • 50% of the data included in your monthly plan (unless you are a member with an approved Proof of disability).
    2. If you respect the above criteria when you cancel your plan within the trial period, your cancellation request will be activated immediately and your refund will be done automatically.
    Deceased member.
    1. Following the unfortunate death of a Fizz member, a close friend or family member can disconnect their services.
    3. To do so, please contact our Customer Service team using the chat bubble. Have ready an official document that proves the member is deceased. The rep will be asking for it, along with your contact information and the nature of your relationship with the concerned Fizz member.
    5. The mobile plan will be deactivated at the end of the payment cycle, unless a specific request on that matter is mad

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,718 ✭✭
    Options

I don't have much to add to the answers of the other users... Enjoy your stay in Europe!

• smi
    smi Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks a lot to all of you.This 108 h is precious. I am really pleased with Fizz (and all the support and answers I get from the community) and hope to come back to it one day.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,448 ✭✭
    Options

Glad we could help and hope to see you back soon! Have a nice trip!

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭
    Options

Have a nice trip!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,106 admin
    Options

Hello smi,
    I am sorry that you will no longer use our services,
     Just to clarify a few details in regards to the unsubscription, you can request the unsubscription at any time, however given that you are past the first 15 days ( trial period) your plan will be deactivated at the end of your payment cycle.
    There is no restriction of 108 hours as other community members suggested. 
    More details here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe
    If you do not want to be charged for the new payment cycle, make sure to request your unsubscription 72 hours before the end of the payment cycle, as you are charged 3 days before the payment cycle ends.
    The unsubscription request, will stop that charge. In case you are charged and you request the unsubscription within the 72hours timeframe, then after your plan is canceled, you will be refunded the charge that was made for the next one.

Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-payment-cycles-work

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.