Switching to Fizz internet

jswei2689
jswei2689 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Internet

Hello, I’m interested in the promotion going on for 200Mbps at $50/month, but I am currently with another internet provider. How would I go about switching over?

I believe there’s a Fizz kiosk at a mall not far from where I live, so would it be better to go there and open a new account for home internet there?

Answers

• ValentinMTL
    ValentinMTL Posts: 80 ✭✭

If your current internet provider is using cable, I think there might be some down time as they re-configure your line.

If your current internet connection is not using cable (phone line or fiber), then both connections could co-exist until you are satisfied with the fizz connections and ready to disconnect the current one.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 6,022 ✭✭

With Fizz, everything is online so I doubt that you’ll find a kiosk in a mall but if you do, go ahead!

If not, I would suggest that you click on this link and follow the steps:

https://fizz.ca/en/internet/how-it-works

Have a nice day!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,617 ✭✭

You can activate online. As @ValentinMTL told you, if your old provider is using the cable connection you could have some down time. Otherwise, better to activate Fizz first to see how it works for you and if you are ok with it. Once it is up and running you can go ahead and cancel the old subscription

• Reg2
    Reg2 Posts: 14 ✭✭

Did it recently from another Videotron reseller and no down time at all. Tech comes to your place and gives you the modem. Then you plug it when you are ready and last you call your old provider to cancel. I had 2 services to the same cable line at the same moment and it was not an issue.

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,708 ✭✭

@jswei2689 where did you see the kiosk? Wich mall?... Not far from where you live!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,513 admin

Hello jswei2689,

Thank you for the interest in joining Fizz!
    We do not have physical locations, however, you can make the subscription from your Fizz account, at anytime. Just make sure that when you will add the home address, it is complete, with apartment, unit number. In case you can't identify it in your list, you can contact us in private from this link and we will see if it can be added: https://fizz.ca/en/support

There can be multiple internet connections at the same address, so you can wait for the Fizz internet to be installed and test it until unsubscribe from the current provider.
    As steps, once logged in your Fizz account click My plans -> Choose a plan -> Search for your address -> Select the installation day and finish the process. As we are prepaid, the first charge will be taken when you submit the order, however the countdown of the cycle will start once the internet is installed and working.
    You can find more information from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-internet

I wish you a good day!
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.