When i try to make a call. LTE icon change to 3G

Options
Salar_ee
Salar_ee Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in My Mobile

Why When i try to make a call. LTE icon change to 3G?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,238 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Salar_ee,

For the moment, your mobile plan has not been migrated to VoLTE as our friends suggested here on the thread.
    That`s why you still see the 3G icon when trying to make calls.

For the moment, you can only wait as more and more numbers will be migrated with the passing of time, as your patience is appreciated.

You will receive an e-mail confirmation when it will happen :)

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul 

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,073 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Salar_ee

You have disabled VoLTE or you activated the plan before March 2022, and your plan has not been migrated yet.

Fizz is supposed to complete the migrations of plans activated before the March 16th 2022 by June 21st 2023.

Do you have the VoLTE SIM? Your SIM card connects your phone to the Fizz LTE network. A VoLTE compatible SIM card is therefore required. This SIM card shows a red lightning bolt icon.

If you don't have a VoLTE SIM you can have one from here  https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/simcard/free-order?step=quantity

• Salar_ee
    Options

Already i have VOLTE SIM

• Jess_i88b6
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Salar_ee

When did you activate your plan?

A phone activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card uses the VoLTE when it continues to display “LTE” in the right corner of the screen during a call.Not your case?

1 > Check whether your phone is VoLTE certified on the Fizz network.

See the list of certified phones

If your phone is not VoLTE certified, don't panic! For now, you can continue to use your mobile plan. Keep in mind, however, that you will eventually have to change your phone. The day the 3G network disappears, you won't be able to use it if it's not VoLTE certified.

Keep an eye on fizz.ca for great deals on phones, like our Preloved phones starting from $49.  

2 > Install the manufacturer software update

Each manufacturer manages its software deployment to ensure its models are VoLTE-enabled. 

In general, you must go under:

Android: Settings > Software update (or System) > System update

Apple: Settings > General > Software update

Important message to Apple members: our network is VoLTE certified, but you may see a message to the contrary in your interface. This message will disappear with the 16.4 software update.

3 > Activate the VoLTE function

In general, you must go under:

Android: Calls > (Three little dots) > Call settings

Apple: General > Cellular > Cellular data options > Voice & data > VoLTE

You may need to restart it.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

• Salar_ee
    Options

I activated my plan about 3 years ago. I have Iphone 13 and does VoLTE certified. already did(General > Cellular > Cellular data options > Voice & data > VoLTE)

• Jess_i88b6
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Salar_ee

Therefore, your plan is not migrated yet to the VoLTE fizz is migrating the plans

Fizz is supposed to terminate it in the next weeks, in the past wrote that the migration will be terminated for the 21st of juin

This discussion has been closed.