Moved, tech installed modem, no internet

Marcelo
Marcelo Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

I have just moved to a new placed, scheduled the move, and the technician showed up. He installed the new modem, and told me that it would be 10-15 minutes until the modem actually connects due to updates.. after hours with no internet decided to contact customer service.. the modem gets an ip, wifi and wired connections get proper ip from dhcp, but there is no internet.. went through entire workflow with customer service: restart, disconnect from wall, factory reset etc.. took me hours to get though because they don’t respond right away. Finally they decided that another visit was required and asked me for dates, obviously i said asap.. today, tomorrow whatever was the closest.. to my surprise the answer was “we contacted the dept responsible and when they setup the appointment you will receive an email, but we cannot say when that will happen” basically “they will come when they come”… how in any situation that is acceptable customer service!!!!??? No fix, no estimate, no alternate (maybe boost my phone data so i can share with devices at home and use that until the issue is resolved).. nothing.. now I’m sitting at my new place wondering not only what i can do, but how can i work on monday, since i work remotely..?

I’m thinking this got to be some activation that is missing o Fizz or Videotron side, something simple, that if it is escalated properly would solve my problem in minutes, not hours or days…but I guess no way to do that either right Fizz?

if this does not get resolved by tomorrow, i will have no choice but take my business somewhere else because I cannot wait for God knows how long to get a visit scheduled for something that should have been done properly this morning!!

sorry Fizz, but you gotta step up your customer service… it is 2023 and internet is no long just a commodity….

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hi @Marcelo

How do you know that the modem gets an IP? Did you check from the configuration web page?

If this is the case, did you try to navigate with another device, it can be a DNS problem. Are you using a different DNS on your devices? Can you try to configure the google DNS for example 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (only for a test)

Did you already try to reset the modem to its factory default an d redo the configuration (enter the password)? After the reset wait 15 minutes

• Marcelo

I am able to access the modem configuration, i see the wan ip assigned, i tried forcing dns to 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4..no avail

I’ve tried this on a notebook (wifi and wired), a desktop (wired) and my phone (wifi), they all get an ip assigned but no internet.. i also tried the ping tool from the modem itself and i get 100% loss..tried changing wired cables too..nogo.

i have tried the normal reset and the factory reset, everything as requested by customer support… also tried unplugging and replugging the coax cable and even switched power outlets.. also as requested by customer support..

I’m really thinking this is some activation issue.. i just moved.. someone other than L1 support needs to look into this…

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

Hi @Marcelo

If you get the 100% packet lost from the modem I cannot help

It seems a problem with the modem or the coaxial cable, only the support can do something

Sorry

• Marcelo

Thanks for trying..

Sooo anyone from fizz wants to solve this one?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,312 ✭✭

Maybe @Whizz can take a look?

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭

do you have both blue lights on

or just the greens if only the greens and no blues the internet is down

or it does not go to the moderm

• Marcelo

All lights are solid green except the upload and download. Those are blue.

• Marcelo

It does, everything looks normal… there is just no internet…

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,312 ✭✭

In this case only Fizz's support needs to check 🤷🏻

• Marcelo

That’s what i need but the answer i got was..”when we setup the visit, we will let you know”..

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭

@Marcelo Hello,

Any luck to revive it yet?

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

@Marcelo Hello,

Just curious:

Is there a technician appointment in your Fizz account!?

Do you see anything under  My plans > Manage plan > Appointments ( and if there you can view or reschedule?.... yes! if a appointment was hopefully scheduled )

I hope it gets fixed soon.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Hello Marcelo,

Sorry to hear that you`ve been having issues with the service!

On a deeper look at your Fizz account, it looks like the issue can be resolved without a technician visit as the modem did not register properly in our tools and the service was left in a pre-provisioning status.

For the moment I managed to re-provision it and it should start to reboot.

I suggest that you wait about 15 minutes or a bit more, then reboot and even factory reset the modem once again following the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem if you still don`t have a working connection.

Now regarding the modem, I`ve escalated a ticket so the details can be registered correctly on our side, as I apologize for the inconvenience.

We will reach you via e-mail as soon as we receive any updates on this subject.

Also, on the last note, if you are still having issues with the service, kindly reach our customer service on Live chat, so they can check the account once more and confirm if the modem has been 100% provisioned.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Hello again,

I am coming back again on the post, @Marcelo with good news.

After provisioning the modem, it looks like the modem managed to register itself into our tools.

Please reboot the modem as instructed earlier, and test if the connection is working.

If it`s not, reach our colleagues on Live chat for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

-Raul

This discussion has been closed.