Reactivate my plan

David B. 83068
David B. 83068 Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in My Mobile

Hi, I've been a customer for 4 years+ now and recently I ended up struggling a bit for a while and now my mobile plan is desactivate. Yesterday or the day before, I tried to click reactivate but it did not work.. nothing happened. Today, the button is not even there anymore... How can I reactivate it? Oh, no, it is a lie, something did happen butI had to order a new SIM since my 6 alpha-numeric code from my SIM card was "expired'! Why would it be expired? I don't want to pay 15$ for no reason just because ... something has expired while not using it for a short time. Can anyone help please?

Also, I had to move out from my house and I did not find a new place before almost 3 months of researches (1st of June tho) and I am paying my Internet plan for no reason at all for the last 3 months... I was sure that it was on hold since I told Fizz that I was moving but my bank statements show paiements... And actually, there is a intenet plan at 50$ for 400 Mpbs when my actual plan is 50$ for only 120 Mpbs!! As you can easily see, I did not use ANY data for almost 3 months. Is there any way to change my plan and get a discount on the next months starting in June? Thank you for considering. As I said, I am a Fizz customers for 4.5 years and I would like stay...

Regards

David B

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello David B. 83068,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    In regards to your mobile plan, I can see that your plan is deactivated because the payment for it was not processed.
    Therefore, the plan is deactivated after 30 days. 
    You have 60 days from that point to reactivate the plan. 
    Now, given that you previously had a SIM that is not VoLTE compatible, you will not be able to use the same SIM card again to reactivate, however if you do order a new SIM, you can reach out to us in private and request a refund and we will honor it. In 2022 you have received an email that lets you order a SIM VoLTE compatible for free. 
    To fix this, please contact us in private where we can give you more details in regards to your account that we can't discuss in public.
    You can go to one of the FAQs below, click on the green bubble and then choose chat or social media.

For the Internet situation, there is no way to place you plan on pause without placing the moving request to another address. The plan is on pause for the duration of the moving request. It will be on pause between the deactivation data and the reactivation date. 
    Here you can see the details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

If you want to change your plan now, you can do so by going into your account, my plans> manage plan> change my plan.
    Here you can find more information on this matter: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this

As for a refund for the time you did not use the service, that is not possible as if you were not to use it and move, you had that option in your account or cancel the service to stop the payments.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

@David B. 83068

you cannot put your package on hold

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited May 2023

@David B. 83068

.you should have unsubscribed and returned your modem

I’m moving. How do I change my address for my Home Internet service?

Date coordination

A plan (or the service) is not available

The installation of your modem

To change my move request

Moving your Home Internet plan is done directly from your account. Submit your request under

My plans > Manage plan > Moving my service.

Word of the wise, don’t forget to pack your Fizz Wi-Fi modem and bring it with you on your moving day!

Need to change your Home Internet plan? No worries, but plan to do so before or after your move. You cannot modify your Home Internet plan during your move.

Date coordination
    1. Chances are the date you choose to deactivate your Home Internet service at your current address will differ from the installation date you select for your new digs.
    2. If that’s your case, no worries. Your plan will be simply put on pause, and you won't incur any fees during that time. Your payment cycle will shift and begin upon activation at your new address.
    1. As you fill out your move request for your Home Internet plan, we’ll obviously ask you to enter your new address. One of three things can happen:
    3. > All is fine.
    4. This is great, but chances are this is not your case if you’re reading this section of our FAQ.
    6. > The download speed you have now is not available at your new address. 
    7. Perhaps you are moving from an area with high bandwidth to one with lower bandwidth, which impacts the download speeds available to you. Choose a new plan. On the activation date of your new plan at your new address, your old plan will be refunded to you on a prorated basis.

9.  > Fizz Home Internet is not available at your new address.
    10. This is where we must unfortunately part ways. Fizz Home Internet is not yet available everywhere. It’s currently available to many residential addresses in Quebec and Ontario. In time, the service will become available to a growing number of postal codes.
    1. Good to know: regardless of the installation option you choose, don’t forget to pack up and bring your Fizz Wi-Fi modem to your new address.  
    3. With the Auto-installation option, you will reinstall your modem yourself thanks to the easy-to-follow instructions. Your plan will be reactivated at your new address on the date you chose in your moving request.  
    4. How to install my modem 
    6. If you have an appointment with a technician, they will be completing the installation of your Wi-Fi modem, and will configure both your connection and Wi-Fi network at your new address on the day of your appointment.   
    7. See, reschedule or cancel my appointment 
    1. Life is full of surprises, we know that. To reschedule the dates of your move order or cancel it, go into your account under My plans > Manage plan > Appointments.

if it doesn't work contact the green bubble support at the bottom https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited May 2023

@David B. 83068

for mobile

How do I reactivate my Fizz mobile or Internet plan?

For a mobile plan

For a Home Internet plan

What a joy to get you back. Reactivating your package is done online, directly from your account. Ready?

For a mobile plan
    1. Log in to your Fizz account and go to My plans. You’ll see your plan there if it was deactivated less than 60 days ago. Click Reactivate and follow the steps.
    • If you no longer have your Fizz SIM card, you’ll need to order a new one.
    • You can reuse your Fizz phone number. If you transferred it to another provider when you deactivated your Fizz mobile plan, you can choose to transfer it back.
    2. IMPORTANT – If your mobile plan was deactivated more than 60 days ago, reactivating it is impossible. You must start from the beginning and create a new plan. Create my plan

if it doesn't work contact the green bubble support at the bottom https://fizz.ca/en/support

.you should have unsubscribed and returned your modem

I’m moving. How do I change my address for my Home Internet service?

Date coordination

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

If your plan was deactivated for more than 2 months, which seems to be your case, you can’t reactivate it. You need a new one.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,584 ✭✭

How long your mobile plan has been inactive?

Regarding your home internet, you cannot put it on hold. You have to transfer it right away from one address to another, otherwise you have do cancel it and open a new one in the new address

This discussion has been closed.